Look keo classic and classic 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does anyone know the difference between the above pedals. I have the classics at the moment but they are becoming too worn out so looking to buy new for the n+1. The only thing i dont like is that they are very front weighted so difficult to clip into when in a hurry. Wouls other look keo pedals be better?

musa

Über Member
keo carbons??

mattobrien

Guru
I got some Look keo max carbons as OEM on my bike. I has previously been using Shimano 105 pedals and found the looks much better. They seemed to have. Better contact lad / seemed like more of a firm footing with which to put down some power.

I have kept these pedals on my wet weather / winter bike and put some look keo Ti blades on the summer bike.

I think that the look keo max, carbon or non- carbon can be had at a fair level below RRP.

Leodis

Veteran
Picked up a set of Look Keo Max 2 Pedals from Ribble for £63, not used them yet but will on the turbo after xmas. The Classics are good I have found, got me out of more than one clipless moment at the last second.

Leodis

Veteran
max 2 are larger and give more room for getting in and out. bar a few falls and early adjusting have treated me well this year

Someone at my club really got stuck in the Max2's, they had to come out of the shoe and force it out. I have lubed mine but not used them yet.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Keo CLASSIC 2 are not Max 2. Classic 2 are a new (replacement??) version of Keo Classics. Different design. Same weight, foot plate looks to be bigger. Recently bought another pair of Classics - if I had known about Classic 2s at that time (they weren't widely available then) I would have tried them. Like the design,

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
Keo CLASSIC 2 are not Max 2. Classic 2 are a new (replacement??) version of Keo Classics. Different design. Same weight, foot plate looks to be bigger. Recently bought another pair of Classics - if I had known about Classic 2s at that time (they weren't widely available then) I would have tried them. Like the design,
Thank you, that was what i was wondering. I might give the Classic 2 a go as i get on with my current classics.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Thank you, that was what i was wondering. I might give the Classic 2 a go as i get on with my current classics.

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm in a similar situation and considering the classic 2 and wondered if you went for them and what you thought of version 2 compared to the original?

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
No, I was going to go for the Classic 2, but decided to wait until the weather is better.

Ah.....! Please update us if you get them and I will do likewise. Planning to get either the original or number 2 in the next couple of months so depending what deals are on i can see my buying version 2. Cheers

Top Bottom