Look kg231

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
This may come as a surprise to you Mr B but l have a small collection of LOOK trade catalogues and technical spec. catalogues.
To cut a long story short l have been researching your Look ....this photo is from a page in the 1998 catalogue.
As you can see, although the frames are similar your bike has the colour scheme of white and red/blue bands of the 251. On the other hand the231 only came in yellow. There are a couple of other minor differences i.e. the forks on the 231 are cromoly/dural and the forks on the 251 are cromoly/carbone ( sorry for french spelling). The frame geometry is identical but the weights are not . The 251 frame and forks weigh 1.95 kg and the 231 weigh 2.1 kg
ok so l am a Look and Vitus nutter but someone has to fill the role :whistle:
IMG_1412.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@woodbutcher thanks for that i was told that mine is in the Credit Agricole colours with a newer set of carbon forks , tempted to 2 x 10 gearing but can't decide on what wheels

woodbutcher

Veteran
@woodbutcher thanks for that i was told that mine is in the Credit Agricole colours with a newer set of carbon forks , tempted to 2 x 10 gearing but can't decide on what wheels
That makes sense ... but l guess the wheel choice depends on what you want to do with the bike. Anyway l am happy that you want to hang on to it at least for the time being.^_^

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a beaut. hope you are enjoying the ride !

We are getting there

Top Bottom