Look what I found in a box on the loft...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This!

IMG_4936_small.jpg

Was a boot sale purchase round about the early to mid 90s when I was really into watching cycling on the telly. Wouldn't have paid more than £1 for it at the time as I was a skint student.

Thought I'd given it away at some point as I couldn't find it anywhere, but was looking for something else (always the way) when a cardboard box ripped when I moved it. And this was inside along with various other items of sports-related clothing. So pleased to see I didn't get shot of it. :wahhey:

I do plan on wearing it, saves me buying a new long sleeved jersey. :smile:

Mrs M

Guru
Nice :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This!

View attachment 371156

Was a boot sale purchase round about the early to mid 90s when I was really into watching cycling on the telly. Wouldn't have paid more than £1 for it at the time as I was a skint student.

Thought I'd given it away at some point as I couldn't find it anywhere, but was looking for something else (always the way) when a cardboard box ripped when I moved it. And this was inside along with various other items of sports-related clothing. So pleased to see I didn't get shot of it. :wahhey:

I do plan on wearing it, saves me buying a new long sleeved jersey. :smile:
:becool:

Ian193

Über Member
It still fits me too. :biggrin: It's a bit long in the body (well, I *am* short), but that's no big deal LOL.

LUCKY YOU
I have a cycling top I bought 3 years ago that is now a bit of a snug fit compared to the first time I wore it and it cost substantially more than your one

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Did the banana industry have a lucrative sponsorship deal at that stage, or was it a precursor to 5-a-day?

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Love you guys! :hugs: I'm laughing so hard that my cats are looking at me really strangely... :laugh:

Oh, seeing you spent £1 on a shirt, you should spend another £150 on the matching bike.

View attachment 371203

That'd be cool, but I'd have to take a hacksaw to it. Doubt they ever made them in a 38cm frame size... :whistle:

And there was me hoping it was going to be something rare and unique , never mind enjoy it

Not seen anyone around here wearing anything like it. :laugh: But if it makes people smile, why not? :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Love you guys! :hugs: I'm laughing so hard that my cats are looking at me really strangely... :laugh:

That'd be cool, but I'd have to take a hacksaw to it. Doubt they ever made them in a 38cm frame size... :whistle:

Not seen anyone around here wearing anything like it. :laugh: But if it makes people smile, why not? :smile:
They did make some small ones,

$_86.jpg

Top Bottom