Look what I've just bought :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
BACK TO what I just bought...the other week now.

I got all excited yesterday when I saw a little package on our table as I was opening the door. Good thing I checked the name before ripping it open....it wasn't for me :sad:.

Should be getting them this week or next hopefully!!

I saw someone in Cambridge the other evening with some of these. (well, one on the back wheel) Looked lovely.
It's a good job I wasn't driving, I was too busy looking at his bike. ;-)

I have some of these but never got around to sticking them on the bike, first lot were rubbish i ended up having to sellotape the battery case to the light tube, second lot look a bit blue/purple so I wasn't sure about using them.

Davidc

Guru
If by "reflector" types you mean the 3M Sekuclip spoke reflectors, then that's not true.

I've got 144 (yeah, it's pretty gross :biggrin: ) fitted to various bikes from roadies to an MTB which seems to spend most of its life under water or under mud. I have done over 2k miles this year and not one has come adrift.

I bought and fitted these after Arch recommended them, over a year ago. I've never cleaned them separately from brushing the bikes and they're still stunningly bright.

Coming off isn't a problem. Getting them off, if you want them off for any reason, is a problem - they won't come off when you try.

One product I'll wholeheartedly recommend.

Norm

Getting them off, if you want them off for any reason, is a problem - they won't come off when you try.
Start at the end rather than the middle, stick a finger nail in and twist to open them out a little and they'll ping off nicely. :thumbsup:

Mind you, ironically, I've only ever needed to take them off to show to others that they don't come off without some provocation. Along the lines of "See, you can twist and snag and pull and they don't shift... stick your nail in and turn, though and **pop** off they come." :biggrin:

Top Bottom