Looking for a carbon bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andy 123

Andy 123

@Andy 123 if you know your size and are happy to buy without a test ride than Planet X is worth a look. A Pro Carbon with the excellent SRAM Rival can be had for £799.
The Planet X geometry charts are worth looking at and comparing them to the bike(s) you already own.

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/EBPXPCERV22/planet-x-pro-carbon-evo-sram-rival-22-road-bike
Thank you

Gunk

Guru
Can you provide a bit more info on spec and use? Disc brakes, racing, fast club rides, endurance all day rides, what is the terrain like, where are you based etc?
This has £500 off and has a very high spec race oriented frame but no discs and slightly lesser components. Depends what's important to you...
https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/cannondale-supersix-evo-carbon-tiagra-2019-Q2315300.html?colour=98

That’s a really good buy, Tiagra is fine and it’s all upgradeable.

Assuming a genuine newbie question, carbon fibre a a great material for play bikes but does less well in bikes that have to earn a living as commuter rides, the material is soft and can be scratched by careless people at the bike lockup. Attaching luggage racks is often difficult.
If carbon is what you want, the next questions are
What size
What riding position
What tyre clearance
What brake style ( disc for all weather use)
What gearing.

A full on elite race bike may not be the best option if your rides are less athletic and over hilly terrain.

As Jonny5 said in the motion picture Short Circuit: "Need Input'.

rivers

How far can I go?
Assuming a genuine newbie question, carbon fibre a a great material for play bikes but does less well in bikes that have to earn a living as commuter rides, the material is soft and can be scratched by careless people at the bike lockup. Attaching luggage racks is often difficult.
What size
What riding position
What tyre clearance
What gearing.

A full on elite race bike may not be the best option if your rides are less athletic and over hilly terrain.

Nothing wrong with using a carbon bike for commuting duties. I do in the summer, as do many others judging by many of the other cyclists I see on my commute. Sometimes I even stick my aero bars on for the sections I can hammer through.
No need for a rack if you don't need to take much to work (laptop and shorts and t-shirt in a small backpack, pair of trainers and tools kept in my office).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What size
What riding position
What tyre clearance
What gearing.

I use a rat bike i built of spares for commuting so i dont care so much if it gets dinged or dirty

vickster

Legendary Member
I have tried a couple of carbon framed road bikes and felt the difference in speed and agility
Fair enough. You could buy one of those if you liked them :okay:
Also, answer the various questions above, and then maybe there would be more specific suggestions

Captain Sensible

Thought about 2nd hand?. When I’ve got enough posts posted I’ll be putting this up for sale soon;

Focus Cato 54cm, Ultegra and Di2 !!

4F1FDD75-29D4-42F0-9396-4A01B4096201.jpeg

Top Bottom