Looking for a computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I would debate that point on a number of factors but no point in derailing the OP’s thread.

OP There are a number of options depending what you want to measure and what you’re budget is. For example the Garmin Edge 25 can be bought for under £80.00
Yes I would agree, an edge 25 can be perfect for a certain type of user.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

For anyone interested here is the reply...

Natasha Guyton (Wahoo Fitness Support)

Jul 27, 9:51 AM EDT

Hi Stuart,

The Wahoo ELEMNT does display:
Current Speed
Avg Speed
Ride Distance
Ride Time
and Cadence (when using a cadence sensor)

*Total Distance covered all time (Odometer (?) we do not have this currently, but we hope to have added in the future).

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with :smile:

Kind regards,
Natasha

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can i jump on this thread?
Used my edge 200 for course navigation and although it was fine the screen was to small for me to see properly as i do need reading glasses , can you buy a stick on magnifier , something to stick on cycling glasses or something with a bigger screen as a last resort ?

tom73

Guru
For anyone interested here is the reply...

Natasha Guyton (Wahoo Fitness Support)

Jul 27, 9:51 AM EDT

Hi Stuart,

The Wahoo ELEMNT does display:
Current Speed
Avg Speed
Ride Distance
Ride Time
and Cadence (when using a cadence sensor)

*Total Distance covered all time (Odometer (?) we do not have this currently, but we hope to have added in the future).

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with :smile:

Kind regards,
Natasha

Lack of Total distance all time not a big deal don't rake much to add up the total's in fact I quite like adding up what i've covered

vickster

Legendary Member
Used my edge 200 for course navigation and although it was fine the screen was to small for me to see properly as i do need reading glasses , can you buy a stick on magnifier , something to stick on cycling glasses or something with a bigger screen as a last resort ?
Wahoo Elemnt or Garmin 1000 have good sized screens

I use a Lezyne Macro GPS. It does lots of metrics and can do routes either pre planned through a course or you can pick a destination using the ally app on your phone and it will give out turn by turn directions.

No maps on the unit itself but I believe the new latest models do.

vickster

Legendary Member
Out of my budget im afraid .
Stop and put on reading glasses? Doubt you can effectively stick something on glasses. Varifocal riding glasses although they'll cost more than a £250 Wahoo

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Stop and put on reading glasses? Doubt you can effectively stick something on glasses. Varifocal riding glasses although they'll cost more than a £250 Wahoo
Thats as maybe , still isnt going to happen im afraid much as i want i cant justify the cost when this year we didnt have a holiday .

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Most of my bikes have an old skool cateye wireless computer that simply records ride distance, ave speed, ride time, max speed and displays current speed. Also an odometer to keep track of total distance covered.
These are great because they are tiny and always there ready to go when needed without worries about battery life or signal reception. They are also cheap. :okay:

I use the even older skool Cateye Velo 7 wired computer, and also like it's small size and cheapness, and that you can remove it in seconds and stick it in your pocket if leaving the bike unattended. Whilst it's true you don't need a computer to enjoy a ride, a basic one like the Cateye is useful for things like making a note of journey times A to B so if you do the same trip again you know when you need to leave by to get to your destination by a specific time. The trick is to use them as a tool and don't let the info produced by the computer take over how you cycle; i.e. getting too obsessed about ever increasing your average speed.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Just had this "pop up" on a Facebook cycle page.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cairbull-Cycling-Helmet-Goggles-Glasses/dp/B07446X6MY might work for you wearing glasses :smile:

Top Bottom