Looking For A Good Floor Pump - Presta Valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mk6golf

Looking for a good floor pump with a presta valve fitting? What would be recommended. It is for a mountain bike with 29s on them.

Also what would be handy is a separate pressure gauge? Again - any ideas?

Cheers :smile:

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
A JOE BLOW will tick your box, FWIW I use THIS one :thumbsup:

If you have a Decathlon close by I can also recommend THIS one. It was my first track pump, mine's under a different name but it's the same pump. I've had mine over 5 years and it still works perfectly, in fact I only bought the Joe Blow to replace it with and took the Decathlon one to work when I used to commute by bike.

There's also loads of similar threads on the same subject, just use the search box to see what others recommend :thumbsup:

wisdom

Guru
Joe blow sport for me.
However my first track pump was a tesco one and its still going strong. Just harder work.I have the tesco one set up for my hybrid (schraeder valve).
The joe blow is used on the road bikes as the presta connection is the best and easiest I have ever used and the pump is efficient getting up to 110psi with ease

U

User6179

Silca , had one for 20 years till my m8 borrowed it and lost it, wooden handle and brass adapter , built to last !

Halfords metal track pump £19 still good after 5 years use.

I got a SKS Kompressor earlier this year and it works well

Mine just broke!

The thread has stripped on the lower part of the metal rod as it attaches to the handle.

Repaired by putting a new retaining nut higher up and cutting a notch in the handle to allow for the decrease in usable thread.

This is appalling..... I do not expect such mechanical failures in a pump that is only about 25 years old!

Top Bottom