Looking for a lighter bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Dartmoorcf

Regular
I've put the handlebars up a bit. Both spacers were above , now one is underneath and the other above. I guess it has raised it by about 3/4 of an inch

OP
OP
D

Dartmoorcf

Regular
Well I did a little ride this evening and the drop bars weren't too bad. The tyres are much thinner but the bike felt much faster. I know someone didn't like Strava but I was faster than all 32 attempts so far on all sections except I took it really easy on the downhills as I wasn't sure about the potholes and position of the brakes.
Looking forward to doing a longer ride.

OP
OP
D

Dartmoorcf

Regular
Tyres are 25s. Took it into local bike shop to get new pedals. Ie swap clipless for regular. They said I'd struggle to fit anything bigger in the tyre size.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I think it depends what you want the bike for and how much you value comfort over weight/speed. I only do short distances but love my Giant road bike as it's light and quick. The drops are not that comfortable though and the skinny tyres and badly potholed roads round here mean I don't like to ride it in the wet. I bought a £30 mtb on ebay and find that a more comfy bike for the winter. Few hills round here.

OH bought a Cannondale Quick 6 hybrid, which he loves, and which seems like the best of both worlds for everyday cycling.

Top Bottom