Looking for a saddle bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
As per thread title. Any recommendations for a saddle bag that is big enough for a few essentials (tube, money, CO2 pump, multi tool etc) that is sturdy when attached to the saddle. Previous expreince with them was velcro straps over the seat rails which meant I couldn't get it tight and they always seemed to wobble about.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I use one of these...
micro_shell_02.jpg

Bigger versions are available. The single quick release makes it much less faff than multiple velcro straps.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The single quick release makes it much less faff than multiple velcro straps.
Also gives you a single point of failure, so it's important to go for a well-loved make like R&K for that style. I still use two cam-buckle straps to the saddle rails and whatever bag has the size I need for what I'm carrying.

MontyVeda

Also gives you a single point of failure, so it's important to go for a well-loved make like R&K for that style ...
Very true... I managed to break the bracket whilst fixing it to the saddle rails, but it seemed solid enough even if it's only firmly attached to one rail. That was about 12 years ago. I ride over cobblestones daily and have done plenty of bumpy stuff with it packed with a few tools, camera, phone, etc. It's still going strong.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
@MontyVeda I like the looks of that R&K bag. Any idea which model you have pictured as I can't seem to find it listed online.

I've been pretty happy with a Topeak one. No special attachments required, just straps. I think I've got the Aero Wedge Medium, room for a tube, multi-tool, co2 and levers and you can hang a light on the back.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Both Topeak and Bontrager do a range of models which use a saddle quick release clip - I've used both with no problems.

If you have a Fizik saddle, Fizik also do packs which clip straight into the saddles built in clipholder with no adapter - I've just bought one and it seems very well built.

MontyVeda

@MontyVeda I like the looks of that R&K bag. Any idea which model you have pictured as I can't seem to find it listed online.
no idea sorry. I bought it over a decade ago so they may not make that particular one any more... saying that, the image came from this Ebay Au listing. Mine certainly didn't cost that much though.

Top Bottom