Looking for a trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a spare one of these - offered at £600 ( view Portslade - collection only )

27 speed SX-4 20" / 26" with disc brakes all round and Under Seat Steering
New tyres , Pedals , Chain . its done about 150 miles ( too little time to ride toooooo many trikes )
speed (1).jpg

Mkll thread on AZ

regards emma

Suggest you contact Kevin D.TEK direct .
He does not bite and alays offers sound advice and can guide you through the recumbent maze .
The recumbents listed under D.TEK on Ebay are only a small fraction or sample of stock .
He runs a wish or hit list for client/customers and can often make a match within minutes of used stock arriving .
Its probably the one you were out bidded on during the last Ebay auction !"£$

OP
OP
A

Angliaboffin

Regular
Suggest you contact Kevin D.TEK direct .
He does not bite and alays offers sound advice and can guide you through the recumbent maze .
The recumbents listed under D.TEK on Ebay are only a small fraction or sample of stock .
He runs a wish or hit list for client/customers and can often make a match within minutes of used stock arriving .
Its probably the one you were out bidded on during the last Ebay auction !"£$
I've been in touch with him already, as his name keeps cropping up. I'm waiting for him to get back to me with a price for the expedition he has just picked up.

OP
OP
A

Angliaboffin

Regular
....I'm a homebuilder, and built a couple of tadpole trikes, and a LWB, and have to say the LWB is by far my favourite ride of the two. Not that there's anything wrong with the trike (biased I know), it's just that the LWB is more suited to the local terrain round here - much easier to thread your way through the rough stuff, potholes, rock strewn tracks, crumbling tarmac, cow droppings etc. The trike will get used, it's great fun, just not as much as the LWB, and I still ride a MTB - good to have some variation.

The AZ Warrior looks a close match for the OP's initial choice. My seating position is much more upright, about the same as my car seat I think. The laid back position would suit good road surfaces where speed might be the main objective, but I think more upright suits rougher terrain.

Having the skillset is only part of the battle for the selfbuild route - availability of materials, doner parts, welding consumables - they all must be considered. The AZ gallery is testament to some very fine results from the available plans, so it can be done...........
I have a lot of the skills for building a trike, but not enough drive myself. I have a garage full of part built projects! I'd prefer something from a proper manufacturer for my first recumbent.

OP
OP
A

Angliaboffin

Regular
I have a spare one of these - offered at £600 ( view Portslade - collection only )

27 speed SX-4 20" / 26" with disc brakes all round and Under Seat Steering
New tyres , Pedals , Chain . its done about 150 miles ( too little time to ride toooooo many trikes )
View attachment 100556

Mkll thread on AZ

regards emma
If you were a few hundred miles closer, I'd give it a look, but its a bit far to travel for me. Thanks for the offer though.

OP
OP
A

Angliaboffin

Regular
If you are checking e Bay regularly and getting outbid at the last minute. You obviously know the Real price you need to bid to get one. You just have too be realistic and dig deep.
I think that I might have to do that. I'll have to put in better bids for the ones I'm keen on, and see if that helps. Just don't want to pay a large amount for something I might not get on with.

:wahhey:..:cheers:..:hyper:..

Do I get the feeling that you enjoy 3 wheel riding?

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm searching eBay all the time now, but keep getting outbid at the last minute.

I would suggest having a look at Myibidder - it's a sniping tool, so it will enter your maximum bid in the dying seconds of the auction automatically. Saves getting in a bidding war.
If you can afford an ICE get an ICE - but if like me, you can't afford or Justify the expenditure, consider a Performer. Made in Taiwan (like most bicycles nowadays!) and imported for appx £1200 (including import duty) I have had mine over a year now and it is a brilliant bit of kit and great value.

OP
OP
A

Angliaboffin

Regular
I would suggest having a look at Myibidder - it's a sniping tool, so it will enter your maximum bid in the dying seconds of the auction automatically. Saves getting in a bidding war.
If you can afford an ICE get an ICE - but if like me, you can't afford or Justify the expenditure, consider a Performer. Made in Taiwan (like most bicycles nowadays!) and imported for appx £1200 (including import duty) I have had mine over a year now and it is a brilliant bit of kit and great value.
Thanks for the tip, but I'm now the proud owner of an Ice Q. Its fairly old, but I think its great so far. Just got to get my legs sorted now, as they're still wobbly after a ride.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Thanks for the tip, but I'm now the proud owner of an Ice Q. Its fairly old, but I think its great so far. Just got to get my legs sorted now, as they're still wobbly after a ride.

Very nice too - and welcome to the world of bent riding. Some tips for helping your legs that MAY be useful.....shorter cranks make a difference and I am much happier after a ride having swapped the 170cm cranks for 152cm. Secondly many suggest that you move your cleats further back on your sole than you would for riding a DF. I moved mine back about 2cm and have found this helpful in terms of reducing fatigue and "buzzy tingling feet" that I used to get on long rides.

Top Bottom