Looking for a trike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Thanks for the tip, but I'm now the proud owner of an Ice Q. Its fairly old, but I think its great so far. Just got to get my legs sorted now, as they're still wobbly after a ride.
WooHoo !!! :wahhey::wahhey:

Remember to stretch your quads, calves and hamstrings when you complete a ride. :pump: Saves much stiffness later ... :okay:

starhawk

Secondly many suggest that you move your cleats further back on your sole than you would for riding a DF. I moved mine back about 2cm and have found this helpful in terms of reducing fatigue and "buzzy tingling feet" that I used to get on long rides.

You might even skip the cleats and get a pair of platform pedals, then you can use the midfoot position, made a hell of a difference to me, now I can cope with any hill. Besides that, with most platform pedals you can use any shoe you like.

I have a Trice Q what is the difference to an ICE Q do you have the bow-shaped rear fork?

byegad

Legendary Member
I'd caution against using any pedals system that does not either fix your foot to the pedal or at the very least support the heel. If your foot comes of a pedal, strikes the road and grips the road surface you will do a radical re-engineering of the the ankle, knee and bones connecting the two! Normal toe caps and straps are not enough IMHO, you really must avoid any chance of a bump in the road leading you to major reconstructive surgery.

davyboy

They have a good following in the US

Hi I have a Performer trike x its is a great buy for the money.The mudguards are junk take them off,but the build quality is very good.Putting it together is not too bad..Setting up the toe in is fun as the instructions do not allow for the boom flexing.I put it together and I knew nothing about setting up a trike.Go for it you will not be dissapointed.

Top Bottom