Looking for a very budget bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The
yh those are the 2 im looking at right now.

i got to try out the fit 300 in the store and felt it was nice. although ive only had £100 mtb's before, so anything seems nice :smile:

whats the difference between those two?
The triban is a road bike with drop bars and a more aero position , the other one is a flat bar road bike so a little more upright

Nope, the drops will help you go faster and be less impaired by the wind, and the flat bars will give you a better view of the road and will feel more leisurely. When riding with flats, your body can act like a huge parachute :smile:

OP
OP
P

per4

Regular
thanks for the advice. i think i might just go for the fit 300. ive never used drops, and found it quite difficult to reach the breaks.

the sales advisor at decathlon told me that the rockrider 300 mtb would not hold up if used daily on a 5 mile commute/round trip (he specifically said it wouldnt last a year). was he being a bit untruthful?
he then recommended the fit 300, and why i am seriously considering getting this bike now lol. ive never used a road bike, and it feels very nice.

vickster

Legendary Member
Decathlon offer a lifetime warranty on frame and non moving parts so those bits should be fine, and if not , assuming looked after, they would be covered if they didn't last. However, all of tne other components will be as cheap as chips, so wheels, gearing, chain etc may well need replacing. It's a cheap bike with cheap parts ultimately. Buy it, save up, buy a better bike in a year. In London, even with a cheap bike, you'll want decent locks, so add £50+ to your budget

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
If the OP is pushing his budget up and wants flats i would say the subway or the new name axle .. bomb proof !
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...mited-edition-mens-27-5-hybrid-bike-2015#tab2

Bomb proof maybe, but not wife proof. My dear lady wife managed to run into a parked car on hers and bent the forks :headshake:(and when I say bent I mean bent) so I had to cough up £60 to replace them, bless her. My brother in law sorted it out and fitted it with some Suntour XCM forks.

Here it is.
IMAG0923.jpg

Cracking little bike with lots of character, rolls extremely well and is well worth the money. The wife uses it for her 1.5 mile commute and leisure rides, I use it to bomb up, down and around Tunnel Woods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

per4

Regular
the carrera axle looks very interesting!

how does it compare with the fit 300?

will it be a lot more durable?

Top Bottom