Looking for cycle insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluenite

My home insurance will only cover my bikes up to £250 each :angry:.

Can any one point me in the direction of a good insurance company for bikes.
Thank you

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bicycle+insurance

Problem is quite often the insurance is stupidly expensive. The insurance for my two bike (circa £5K) is more expensive per yr than my car, despite my car being parked on the road and my bikes being locked and chained to the floor, in my garage).

OP
OP
Bluenite

Bluenite

Thank you. Also got dome great advice from another thread.
I found lots of offers for cycle insurance, but there small print would mean i would never get paid unless my bike, was in a vault underground, surrounded by dragons.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Also, my wife has just mentioned to me that you can get your bike listed on your home policy for up to £1000 typically for a small adjustment in the premium. Check with your insurance supplier.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My home insurance only covers bikes up to £250 unless I pay a special premium of £40.00 which is still way lower than specific bike insurance. However, specific bike insurance covers lots of things tha home insurance won't e.g 'get you home'........but at £150.00?????

All I want from bike insurance is, If I crash and break it, they replace it. That shouldn't cost what they are charging.

Axa home insurance cover up to 1000 per bike, maximum of 2500 if that helps. It's done me for now, but when I get my next bike I'll be ringing them and seeing if I can negotiate a rise in the values...

They cover them away from home too which is nice.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
M&S or CIS home insurance. My CIS covers upto £1000 per bike, but you can bolt on an add on for expensive items, and that costs £9 a month for two expensive bikes.

G-Zero

Über Member
Nationwide quoted me today, an extra £10.42 per month on our B&C, to cover a single bike up to £2500 - All risks, away from home and including 60 days foreign travel.

Will still be looking around in May on renewal, but I didn't think that was too bad.

Top Bottom