Looking for helmet cam footage!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nina.ross

Hi All,

I hope it is OK to use your forum to post my question;
My name is Nina Ross and I am a researcher at Back2Back productions. We are an award winning documentary company currently producing a major global series surrounding the theme of dangerous driving. We are making a series for a number of Discovery and BBC Worldwide's territories which will highlight some of the worst road incidents from the UK and abroad captured on dashcams and other vehicle mounted cameras. Specifically Helmet cams when it comes to cyclist. As an avid cyclist myself I know full well how some drivers can be incredibly 'unaware' and that is a generous adjective! We would really like to hear from anyone that has been involved in an incident that has been filmed on helmet cam that can provide jaw dropping footage and an interesting story. If any of you fit the bill please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions,

Thank you
Nina
Researcher
back2back productions ltd
nina.ross@back2back.tv
t. +44 (0)1273 227700

RMurphy195

There are plenty on youtube.

Be careful of publishing vehicle registration numbers

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hi All,

I hope it is OK to use your forum to post my question;
My name is Nina Ross and I am a researcher at Back2Back productions. We are an award winning documentary company currently producing a major global series surrounding the theme of dangerous driving. We are making a series for a number of Discovery and BBC Worldwide's territories which will highlight some of the worst road incidents from the UK and abroad captured on dashcams and other vehicle mounted cameras. Specifically Helmet cams when it comes to cyclist. As an avid cyclist myself I know full well how some drivers can be incredibly 'unaware' and that is a generous adjective! We would really like to hear from anyone that has been involved in an incident that has been filmed on helmet cam that can provide jaw dropping footage and an interesting story. If any of you fit the bill please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions,

Thank you
Nina
Researcher
back2back productions ltd
nina.ross@back2back.tv
t. +44 (0)1273 227700

What remuneration are you offering for use of footage?

GC

sidevalve

Über Member
This is public information that is displayed in public by a requirement in law

It is no more of an issue than showing a road sign or an advertising hoarding
Yes it is - it allows personal identification that could be used for revenge or victimisation. Accusing someone of a crime and publishing such a claim without any police involvement [which is what it would amount to] could be considered a very serious offence. Further in many cases [as shown by the many dull clips on this very forum] it is often a matter of interpretation as to exactly who is in the wrong.
Lastly to the OP beware just how many videos are fake - there are far too many wanna be film directors out there who just want to see their clip get a lot of hits and aren’t afraid to 'spice' it up a bit.

Yes it is - it allows personal identification that could be used for revenge or victimisation. Accusing someone of a crime and publishing such a claim without any police involvement [which is what it would amount to] could be considered a very serious offence. Further in many cases [as shown by the many dull clips on this very forum] it is often a matter of interpretation as to exactly who is in the wrong.
Lastly to the OP beware just how many videos are fake - there are far too many wanna be film directors out there who just want to see their clip get a lot of hits and aren’t afraid to 'spice' it up a bit.

Unfortunately the Information Commissioner disagrees

Publishing a simple video that records an event is perfectly legal and has absolutely no issue in law

RMurphy195

Ha ha ha. Like the op has even been back in the last month. You guys are talking to a brick wall.
Be interesting to see if the \op is still there!

Exciting news, at last a serious programme that doesn't seek to exploit footage for sensationalist reasons, won't refer to "War on the roads" and won't exacerbate tensions in a grubby money-making exercise. I must say I'm expecting great work from the same company that made "My Phone Sex Secrets" and "Shaun Ryder on UFOs."

Cock off Nina, and saying "As a cycling myself.." well, that's just shameless. You should be ashamed. You should go away over Christmas and have a think about how your career's going.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Exciting news, at last a serious programme that doesn't seek to exploit footage for sensationalist reasons, won't refer to "War on the roads" and won't exacerbate tensions in a grubby money-making exercise. I must say I'm expecting great work from the same company that made "My Phone Sex Secrets" and "Shaun Ryder on UFOs."

Cock off Nina, and saying "As a cycling myself.." well, that's just shameless. You should be ashamed. You should go away over Christmas and have a think about how your career's going.
This mealy-mouthed approach is getting boring Glenn, time you said what you really think.......

Top Bottom