Looking for Mens hybrid with 26" wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
Hi, I'm looking for a mens hybrid with 26" wheels. Ideally full mudguards and pannier rack too. Must be affordable. Really on a budget. Can't seem to find a bike lol.

Actually you know what. If it's easier I dont mind riding a ladies hybrid. I'm 5"10". Thanks.

Must be like £100 - £200. just cheap and disposable price.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't think you'll find one, not new anyway as you've probably found out. Your best bet would be to find an older MTB in good condition and put slicks on it. Even a newer one but they all seem to have suspension forks which I'd advise against.

Maybe @biggs682 of this parish has something suitable.

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
Yeah I've thought about that. but MTB's never have full mudgaurds. So im looking at additional costs for tyres, mudgaurds, panier rack. All adds up.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Why 26" wheels? You are not short so can't imagine you would think you need 26" wheels due to your height. You are really restricting your options by trying to find a 26" wheeled solution.

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
I've bought a powered hub rear wheel that's a 26" wheel. For some reason they don't do 700c. They are all 26". Annoying.

jay clock

Massive member
Carerra Subway worth a look?.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Like @Cycleops said

Don't think you'll find one, not new anyway as you've probably found out. Your best bet would be to find an older MTB in good condition and put slicks on it. Even a newer one but they all seem to have suspension forks which I'd advise against.

Maybe @biggs682 of this parish has something suitable.

I'd go for an old Raleigh MTB and hybridise it, something along these lines would be perfect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RALEIGH-M...748331?hash=item25cee29f2b:g:Q-0AAOSw241YkJjK

A virtually 'bomb-proof' bike.

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
I think you are right. Realistically I need a MTB and then hybridise it. Im riding mostly paved paths and canal paths so really a hybrid will be more suitable than a proper MTB.

Top Bottom