Looking for new back tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
Hi,

Looking for recommendations for a new back tyre, mine is starting to slip in corners.
The details:
  • I cycle on an DIY ebike with 1000w continuous power (so me plus that) means I need good grip.
  • The surface I am mostly on is sort of fine grit, sitting atop tarmac or earth (think red ash consistency)
  • Want to keep going even when it snows.
  • No mud or grass involved, just the fine gritty stones mentioned above.
  • 26" - 1.95 please

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
60 views and no suggestions? :sad:

iluvmybike

Über Member
try a google search for 'e-bike tyres' ? And possibly post this in the ebike forum rather than the mtb one?

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
Suppose so, doesn't really matter though, for all intent and purpose it's a MTB. Just so happens I don't have to pedal as much.

lazyfatgit

Having just got an MTB I’m not really up on tyres yet but there seems to be even more variety of compounds, Nobby shapes and sizes than for other types of riding. All the major maufacturers web sites list tyres designed for bikes, presumably heavier duty for all those watts.

Ciar

Veteran
standard issue tyres.

nobby nic all round
rocket ron more dry conditions.

sure other riders have their preferences from the above, but for me i run nobby's but having seen the white wall maxxis ardents, i might treat myself in the summer, but at £50 a tyre they are toppy!

as for EBikes, i honestly have no idea if they have to be different, sure someone will be along to answer that soon enough :smile:

Jody

Stubborn git
You are after two ends of the spectrum as something that works well for gravel paths isn’t going to work well in snow and vice versa. I would opt for something that suits what you do most. An e bike on gravel will go through a tacky compound quicker than standard. So to me you want a small block standard compound tyre.

What are you running on the front and are you bothered about drag if the battery runs out?

Nibor

Bewildered
scwalbe Landcruiser would be a reasonable and durable solution

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-land-cruiser-mtb-tyre-26/

Top Bottom