Looking for some quotes I could use for some university work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
Ernie Rossendale and a utility/lesuire cyclist, develoed obstructive sleep apnea for my sins this then increased the car insurance to a point that it simply was just way to expensive for me to carry on driving ,so it was goodbye car hello bicycle and it's the best thing I have done in years.My biggest gripe is the lack of infrasturcture round my area which I feel that if this was better then more people would use bikes asa viable mean of transport.

As my auld lecturer use to say, "use all your sources", in a Yorkshire accent. I now quote him most days with the secondary students (with accent).

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The doctor telling me in my thirties, I had a one in ten chance of a premature death in the next ten years unless I changed my sedentary lifestyle, was the trigger to returning to what I had enjoyed as a youth.
Chris, Cheshire

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Also I like the efficiency of cycling. The good thing is I don't need to drive for work either because it's required (e.g. field sales, onsite tech support) or because it's the only feasible way to travel there (e.g. long, rural commute) or for other reasons why it might be necessary.

When cycling most of my effort goes into moving me. My journey is not much longer- timewise- than driving.

If I drove much of the energy stored in the fuel would be wasted before reaching the wheels. Much of that which reached the wheels would be used to move the vehicle and a little bit of that to move me, which is the point of the thing. Apart from an hour or so a day the car would be either parked at work or parked in the street.

OP
OP
SomethingLikeThat

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
How close are you to your Cycling group? Only asking as it generally helps to have a distance from the subject matter when questioning - especially when starting out in journalism. Remember your closed and open strategies and decide if you want the story to lead you or you to steer the story.

Good luck ^_^
Thank you, I would consider myself fairly close to them. I'm probably going to take a slightly pro-cycling stance with the whole thing.

Simontm

Veteran
Thank you, I would consider myself fairly close to them. I'm probably going to take a slightly pro-cycling stance with the whole thing.
No worries. 20 years in the industry, fourth editorship. Feel free to PM about anything!

Top Bottom