Looking for thru-axle disc carbon fork with mudguard mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard.1

I just got a frame which does not come with forks so need to source just the forks. It is a road bike so need 700c compatible. Looked at ebay, aliexpress and various UK sites such as evans, wiggle, planet x, ribble but so far nothing. Anyone seen something that matches my requirements? Thanks.

Kinesis tracer.

Expensive at £235, but seem to tick all the boxes.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Kinesis/Racelight-Tracer-Disc-Thru-Axle-Fork/IHDO

Are you looking for a 1 1/8th to 1 1/4" steerer or 1 1/8th to 1 1/8th?

Not that I have a solution for you, but that will help. I'm looking for something similar, 1 1/8th to 1 1/8th, but that can take 32mm tyres with mudguards. The one @Tenacious Sloth showed is a very nice fork, the limit is 28mm tyres though. Also, it is tapered, not straight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Richard.1

The frame has a tapered head tube so I am guessing it is 1 1/8th to 1 1/2"
I am also looking for more than 28mm tire clearance. ideally I would like a no brand good value fork not £235

Are you looking for a 1 1/8th to 1 1/2" steerer or 1 1/8th to 1 1/8th?

Not that I have a solution for you, but that will help. I'm looking for something similar, 1 1/8th to 1 1/8th, but that can take 32mm tyres with mudguards. The one @Tenacious Sloth showed is a very nice fork, the limit is 28mm tyres though. Also, it is tapered, knot straight.

Genesis have a straight steerer fork carbon coming with thru-axle,flat mount,mudguard fitting and mounts for a front rack/luggage carrier.

The frame has a tapered head tube so I am guessing it is 1 1/8th to 1 1/2"
I am also looking for more than 28mm tire clearance. ideally I would like a no brand good value fork not £235

https://www.merlincycles.com/kinesis-atr-carbon-disc-road-fork-98218.html

This one will take wider tyres, but is £252. I realise this is probably too pricey for you - but have included the link in case anyone does a Forum seach for similar.

Good luck with your search, as I was looking for you I came to realise that these Kinesis forks are probably midrange price wise. :eek:

@Yellow Saddle There don’t seem to be many options with a straight steerer and thru-axle combination out there. Although I did see this.

https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/fyxation-sparta-all-road-carbon-fork-black

Pricey though and also has alloy steerer.

Trouble is that I wouldn’t fancy buying carbon forks second hand, which is the usual option for getting the price down

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I might be able to help?

I have a spare fork sat in the loft. It is from a GT Grade carbon

1 1/8" to 1 1/4" tapered steerer measures 273mm. 15mm through axle (included) and has mounts for mudguards and loads of clearance. The pictures below show the same fork on my current bike with a 35mm Vittoria Randonneur and no trouble fitting my Schwalbe 35mm knobbly CX tyres.
upload_2019-3-22_9-19-53.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-22-25.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-23-2.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-24-0.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-24-26.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-24-54.png

upload_2019-3-22_9-26-13.png

This can be yours for £40 including the thru axle and postage.

****WARNING**** I cannot sell you these (this?) forks without giving you some additional information. They are off my last bike which was written off after I was hit side-on by a car turning across/into me at a junction. The impact cracked the frame in several places and point of impact was the down tube just in front of the chainset.

I have no recollection of the accident after seeing the car bumper inches from my leg. I must have hit the road pretty hard because I suffered a broken neck and fractured skull!. The bike somehow seemed to come out of it all otherwise unscathed. Apart from the impact damage to the frame there was not a single scuff, scratch or mark to any other part of the bike that could be attributed to the bike being flung down the road at 20+ MPH. The saddle, brake levers, bar tape and pedals are untouched. It is almost as if I braked to a controlled stop before carefully placing my bike on the ground then throwing myself violently to the floor (I know this didn't happen)!

I have carefully inspected them and I am confident they are free from damage, so confident that I am prepared to sell them, if I wasn't they would have been sawn in two and tossed in the bin to stop anyone from ever using them. They are kept as a spare for my current bike or 'just in case' for any potential future builds. Even though I am sure they are good I don't think it would be fair to sell them without disclosing the above for your consideration.

PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

OP
OP
R

Richard.1

Glad you are recovered, sounds horrendous. I am interested, PM sent.

Top Bottom