Looking for tyre recommendation - really struggling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
So... To give you an idea of just how bad these wheels are to fit tyres to. I am in hour 3 now. Two of trying have snapped 4 heavy duty plastic tyre levers. So we are now onto metal tyre levers. And as much as we have tried to avoid it have holed 3 inner tubes. one of them twice. One tyre is on (using boiling water and 2 hours later). I mean its just absolutely ridiulous. oh and yeah the rims look like scrap now because of having to use metal tyre levers. surely someone should have invented a better way by now??
Jeez. That sounds horrendous! I’ve just popped a new pair of tyres on my hybrid just with my hands no problem. I hate a tight rim/tyre combination. Hopefully once they’re on they will be easier next time if you do puncture.

Hi, Im looking for new tyres for my bike (Triban R500).
I think I am after 28 width.
I use the bike for both commuting and some ocasional recreational cyling. My commute is 75% road and 25% "well groomed" tow path. So I don't want the tyre to be a super super delicate slick, but equally I occasionally (few times a year) go for 100mile road cycles and don't want to be held back by my tyre choice.

So something that is 28 wide, good punture resistance. 80% road focused but wont be horrible on the tow path. Im just not sure how much "tread" to go for.

thanks.

Oh and cost! can't be expensive, not now! ideally max 30 each. but even more ideally less is best.
I use Conti Gatorskin 32c's for tow path/road use, bit more reassuring than 28c.
£27 at Halfords and bombproof.
Some issues raised on CC with changing tyres on Triban, may be worth a watch?

View: https://youtu.be/kxMSNHeBgp8?t=234

Pirelli P-Zero here love em.
Bit pricey though :laugh::laugh::laugh:

blackcircles-logo.png
obj16004067?view=2885.jpg

pirelli-tyres-logo.png

Pirelli P Zero
355/25 R21 Y (107)

£662.87
Fully Fitted

Top Bottom