Looking forward to getting back commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G-Zero

Über Member
Hopefully I'll miss the worst of this wild spell as I'm not back until nightshift on Friday.

Haven't seen an accurate forecast for the weekend though, so it'll be a surprise :rain::cold:

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
It was wet this morning, and the wind was definitely blowing well! All that cleaning of your bike and then you set out for your first commute and it's chucking it down, oh well.

400bhp

Guru
Risked it this morn-wasn't too bad, certainly not 50kph winds. The journey back looks interesting...

headcoat

Über Member
So windy today, couldn't breath at times, only a short ride to the train though so I braved it :smile: Last year I did 1700 miles, going for at least 2500 this year though.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Got a record speed run on my way home from work this morning. Blown along the 10.8 miles at an average of about 19.5mph :eek: with lots of distance covered at or near 30mph! About 5 minutes after I got home the wind went mad and the heavens opened. I was really lucky to get home just in time. Usual average speed on my home run is around 14-15mph.

potsy

Rambler
I kept waking up last night/this morning with the noise of the wind outside, having second thoughts about riding in later :ohmy:

scouserinlondon

I wimped out this morning, but at least made the best of things by carrying in spare clothes and 2kg lock on the train, so tomorrow can test out my new wheels on an unladen bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
First commute of the year for me and it was horrid. Strong blustery wind and rain. And I ran over a broken bottle which destroyed one of my tyres....

Origamist

Legendary Member
I wimped out this morning, but at least made the best of things by carrying in spare clothes and 2kg lock on the train, so tomorrow can test out my new wheels on an unladen bike.

Shame - you missed a huge tailwind this morning. I am hoping the wind dies down though, otherwise it's going to be pain cave time on the way home.

scouserinlondon

Shame - you missed a huge tailwind this morning. I am hoping the wind dies down though, otherwise it's going to be pain cave time on the way home.

In hindsight I wish I'd ridden. Took the decision not to ride when the rain was whipping my windows, but by the time I left home it'd brightened up a bit. Not been on the bike for nearly 4 weeks so didn't want my first ride back to be a grind.

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
How is the shoulder PJ79Lizard - any mobility problems?

My shoulder is still painfull at times. Was doing some DIY over the festive season, using a screwdriver was causing pain had to resort to the cordless drill. Carrying heavy items causes pain in my shoulder still. Still causing discomfort at night. I resorted to buying a memory foam mattress to try and help with it. My only option is surgery, but I don't want to go under the knife. The only problems with cycling is if I get out the saddle and go for it, I feel it then or if I'm riding for a long period. It's just something I'll have to put up with. I won't let it keep me from cycling, it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

Origamist

Legendary Member
My shoulder is still painfull at times. Was doing some DIY over the festive season, using a screwdriver was causing pain had to resort to the cordless drill. Carrying heavy items causes pain in my shoulder still. Still causing discomfort at night. I resorted to buying a memory foam mattress to try and help with it. My only option is surgery, but I don't want to go under the knife. The only problems with cycling is if I get out the saddle and go for it, I feel it then or if I'm riding for a long period. It's just something I'll have to put up with. I won't let it keep me from cycling, it's the only thing that keeps me sane.

Sorry to hear that you've still problems, but it sounds like you've got a positive outlook and that goes a long way. Hopefully things will improve over time.

Top Bottom