Looking to buy a set of waterproofs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im currently thinkin of getting:

Jacket
Over trousers: Mustn't be baggy
Over shoes: must go higher than ankles
Decent gloves
Something for my head (not a waterproof bat!:tongue:).

I have came across stuff of varying prices but I have no idea how much more water proof (and I mean waterproof, not resistant) the more expensive stuff is. What I mean is a good waterproof jacket maybe spoiled by dodgy seams, zips etc from what I read. I dont have a budget in mind but I dont want cheap naff. Any recommendations, advice? Nothings gonna be perfect but I would like to get as close as I reasonably can.

vickster

Legendary Member
Bike radar and roadcc have lots of reviews

Eg http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/clothing/trousers/

Aren't all over trousers of the more baggy variety so they fit over a range of under trousers

I'd look at Sportful no rain range and stuff from Gore

What's a waterproof bat :tongue: by the way? Do you wear a helmet or looking for something that doesn't have to go under a helmet? A hat perhaps?

winjim

Smash the cistern
What's a waterproof bat :tongue: by the way?
Said Captain Beaky to his men,
"Well we'll not see Hissing Sid again!"
And as they marched off down the road,
They sang in praise of Timid Toad

Above them flew ol' Batty Bat,
With his wings stretched out, like that
Owl's idea, the clever fella
To have a flying umbrella.​

13 rider

Guru
I have an Endurance fs260 pro rain jacket .It was recommended to me by guy in Lbs .He said its not completely waterproof but in all but the heaviest downpour it would be fine . Not tested in proper downpour as hopefully I would be out riding but use several times when caught out and its been very good not to boil in the bag but still waterproof . Ideal because it pack small enough to fit in Jersey pocket .
Cost about £65 from Lbs may be cheaper on line I'm more than happy with it. If you want completely waterproof in all conditions it won't be cheap

Top Bottom