Looks like I am not going to be commuting. :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Sounds like the perfect commute....
Well with the weather, it might not be. The NW coast is troubled with strong winds and heavy downpours.
However, the wind is going to be a headwind going and then a tailwind coming. So I can have a bit of a rest in the evening.

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Well with the weather, it might not be. The NW coast is troubled with strong winds and heavy downpours.
However, the wind is going to be a headwind going and then a tailwind coming. So I can have a bit of a rest in the evening.

"Either take a sh1t or get off the toilet"

Cycle it until you decide you can't, or that you'll carry on. No further debate needed.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
They only mentioned falling over in strong winds along the coast. Up here in NW we have had winds in the past of 70mph upwards.

I'll get to the rest of the thread after this post later, but we get 70+mph winds here (a bit further up the coast). I commute in them and as long as you take your time then it's fine (although 70mph headwinds are not fun).

Anyway, even if you don't ride in that sort of extreme weather, 99% of the days will not be as bad as that

lip03

Über Member
Perhaps the woman was talking to a cyclist friend and mentioned, not naming names, that she was assessing a young lad who wanted to cycle in from about 15 miles away. Her cyclist friend, who is also a CC member, said "Is his name Matthew?" and she confirmed it - "Do your best to put him off. He posts too many stupid non-incident videos on youtube and a lot of crap on the forum!"
Bit harsh don't you think? He is only a young guy with an interest in cycling. Why watch his vids if you don't like them or read his posts?

lip03

Über Member
Oh and good on you Matthew cycle the 15 miles you know what your doing and why not post a vid of your 1st day to p**s Mr_hippo off! Hehe

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Bit harsh don't you think? He is only a young guy with an interest in cycling. Why watch his vids if you don't like them or read his posts?
I will let you into a little secret but do not tell everyone - we were all young once! We never had video or internet forums so we learnt by experience and mistakes - sometines painful ones! Neither did we seek peer approval/sympathy and, yes, we did have close overtakes and bad drivers 50 years ago.
Wht do I watch cariad bach's videos? I like comedies, don`t you?

Crankarm

Guru
I'll get to the rest of the thread after this post later, but we get 70+mph winds here (a bit further up the coast). I commute in them and as long as you take your time then it's fine (although 70mph headwinds are not fun).

Anyway, even if you don't ride in that sort of extreme weather, 99% of the days will not be as bad as that

A following wind? How fast ...............:eek: ?

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Im glad you are going to cycle in, I enjoy my commute in so much I would be gutted if someone told me to stop now. FWIW I think the thread title was a bit misleading, after your first post, it sounded like you were being told you weren't allowed to cycle in, not that it was simply bad advice.

Top Bottom