Loopybike quick £100 Carlton build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Because we all enjoy watching you do them up! Besides, you've got lights on this bike already and those lights are just calling out for another bike. :smile:

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Because we all enjoy watching you do them up! Besides, you've got lights on this bike already and those lights are just calling out for another bike. :smile:
Ah got you!

No more bikes for the moment though. I'm in the process of building myself a car, so I'm a tad busy with that at the moment! ( its looks are loosly based on a Maserati 200si) That's for a different forum though! Lol

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Not sure I'll be re-using the rubber seal, it's a little perished! :smile:
The bulb holder will need to be modified too.
20180504_160301.jpg

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Rather than replacing the bulb holders, would it be easier to put a modern LED guts inside those ?
Yep that's what I'm doing. I'm using a 3w pcb mounted led. These things are BRIGHT! They do get hot though so I'll need to mount them with that in mind.
20180504_172207.jpg

wonderdog

Now what shall I do with these :smile: ......

Maybe one front, one rear? Both at the front side by side where the current light is? Or one either side of the front forks?
They will be more "be seen" rather than "light up the way ahead".

I could fit them side by side up on the bars so I can still use the current big light to see where im going.

Hmmmm decisions decisions .... View attachment 407309
These look dangerously Lucas-esque. What risk management strategies have you in place? Re your later post, did you mean Delahaye as in the French deco-mobile?

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
These look dangerously Lucas-esque. What risk management strategies have you in place? Re your later post, did you mean Delahaye as in the French deco-mobile?
Yes they are Lucas "torpedo" side lights.
Yeah spellings not my best subject! Delahaye.
Delahaye
Delahaye
Delahaye
Delahaye

Yep got it now :smile:

wonderdog

This bike still needs a few things.
I live in Telford where there are lots of cycle paths. Due to the popularity of them a bell is necessary ( isobelle necessary on a bike? Lol) so I've ordered a nice big chrome Dutch "ding dong" one :smile:
It needs lights too. I've sourced a rear, still hunting for a suitable front.

The other thing it needs is mudgaurds. Now I have been known to go over the top with them in the past.....you may remember this bike
View attachment 396919

Another Carlton funnily enough .

But I fancy something a bit more subtle this time!

And no, I will not be buying them. Where's the fun in that?!
I don't know if it's you has put this up on eBay but it's got the Carlton mob on Facebook in all sorts of a tizz. I did spring to your defence tho'.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I don't know if it's you has put this up on eBay but it's got the Carlton mob on Facebook in all sorts of a tizz. I did spring to your defence tho'.
No I sold it ages ago. Could be the new owner selling it though. During his ownership it was featured in a German magazine.
If it's caused a "tiz", then in my defence, it's only the mudgaurds and colour. Both are easily changed back.

Top Bottom