Loopybike quick £100 Carlton build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Lower rear gaurd fixing
20180228_142958.jpg

I managed to finish the rear light this evening.

20180228_213043.jpg

20180228_213007.jpg

20180228_213023.jpg

Pretty happy with that.
Front light bracket in the morning before work, then I'm done :smile:
Not that I'll be cycling much this week! Brrrr

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Front done :smile:
Although I'm happy with what I've done, the light itself isn't really what I wanted. It's a modern "chrome plastic" job from you know where! Once the auto jumbles start I'll get a nice metal light for it. I'm kicking myself for not buying a Dellahay wingtop side light last year. It was SOOOO art deco!
20180301_085853.jpg

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Finally the weather has enabled me to go for a test ride. :smile:

Sooooo how did it go?

Actually really nice, very very nice! :smile:

I intended just a gentle ride round the block, but, well, the sun was out.....
15 miles later with a peak speed of 34mph I was a happy chap!
Of course it wouldn't be a test ride without a problem. More of a niggle really. The crank sprocket just rubs against the frame. It's just enough to take the paint off. :sad:
20180316_171105.jpg

Nothing that can't be "adjusted" out. I just need to induce a little offset with my special offset adjusting tool
20180316_173355.jpg

Anyway, other than that, I'm delighted with the bike. It shifts gear really sweetly, brakes positively and has no rattles. The front mudgaurd doesn't really gaurd me from much mud though!
For the first time in my life I actually washed down a bike after a ride!

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
I've done quite a few miles on this now. I absolutely love it! My favourite bike by far ( well, except for the Raleigh Arena I had as a kid :smile: )
This one is definitely staying. Not for sale at any price :smile: well, no price under £300......
No, actually not even then!

I may be doing another triathlon later in the year. I will love to do it on this bike. The last one I did was a tandom triathlon and I hated every moment of it! Lol it was supposed to be fancy dress. we were dressed as Dick Dasterly and Penelope Pitstop. I even had a plastic pidgeon on the front of the bike ( catch the pidgeon?) God it was hard work! Never again will I do a tandem triathlon.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I've done quite a few miles on this now. I absolutely love it! My favourite bike by far ( well, except for the Raleigh Arena I had as a kid :smile: )
This one is definitely staying. Not for sale at any price :smile: well, no price under £300......

I may be doing another triathlon later in the year. I will love to do it on this bike. The last one I did was a tandom triathlon and I hated every moment of it! Lol it was supposed to be fancy dress. we were dressed as Dick Dasterly and Penelope Pitstop. I even had a plastic pidgeon on the front of the bike ( catch the pidgeon?) God it was hard work! Never again will I do a tandem triathlon.
The Bishop's Castle Tandem Tri?

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
The Bishop's Castle Tandem Tri?
Yep that's the one!
My car broke down on the way so we were last to start. The cycle route was the opposite way to the way we expected which ment we had to go up the really nasty hill climb twice. By the time I was on the run they were taking down the course. So I was having to run at a much higher pace than I normally do. Oh and it was a hot day!

I've done ( and enjoyed ) the Ludlow triathlon before so im aiming to do it again this year.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I can quite see you dressed as Penelope. :tongue: Hellllllpeppppp Helllllppepppppp :ohmy: :whistle:

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Now what shall I do with these :smile: ......

Maybe one front, one rear? Both at the front side by side where the current light is? Or one either side of the front forks?
They will be more "be seen" rather than "light up the way ahead".

I could fit them side by side up on the bars so I can still use the current big light to see where im going.

Hmmmm decisions decisions ....
20180504_093943.jpg

Top Bottom