Loose Front Wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JosefK

My front wheel when it is mounted into my front fork and tightened up seems to be loose and can easily move side to side.If you can interpret my description!

Is the wheel and rim knackered or could potentially be fixed?

Cheers for any advice.

rusky

CC Addict
Sounds like the bearing cones are loose.

Should be adjustable if they're not knackered, how old is the bike?

Nebulous

Guru
They come with sealed bearings and were rather crap hubs. They're also very difficult to get into - I never quite made it.

I changed my wheels and have never looked back. Even a fairly low-end wheel, I got these, will be an obvious improvement.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They come with sealed bearings and were rather crap hubs. They're also very difficult to get into - I never quite made it.

I changed my wheels and have never looked back. Even a fairly low-end wheel, I got these, will be an obvious improvement.
Anyone know how they compare to mavic cxp 22`s ? i have those on my boardman and i would like to upgrade the wheels but i am on a budget .

Nebulous

Guru
The spesh wheels are Mavic 22 cxps - however the biggest problem with them were rather poor unbranded hubs and dodgy freehub. I got the 30 millimetre Shimano 501s for about £109 from merlin with a free pair of prorace 3 tyres. However these are lighter and cheaper and would be an improvement on the ones you have.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
The spesh wheels are Mavic 22 cxps - however the biggest problem with them were rather poor unbranded hubs and dodgy freehub. I got the 30 millimetre Shimano 501s for about £109 from merlin with a free pair of prorace 3 tyres. However these are lighter and cheaper and would be an improvement on the ones you have.
I have the upgraded r500's and unless your a lightweight they have quite a bit of flex on them. I took mine back off the defy and put my giant s-r2's back on and the flex issue has dissappeared.

Top Bottom