Loosing my Mojo for cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you not commuting on it while the weather is nice?

potsy

Rambler
My current slump has lasted well over 12 months now, just cannot see a way back at the minute.

No motivation for commuting, not keen on weekend riding and making excuses not to go out on my many midweek days off.

Do not want to say I have given up permanently just yet, but it is looking more and more like it with each passing week.

Sixmile

Veteran
I get this from time to time but I've been lacking the motivation during the last few weeks. I've been commuting loads, I'm fatigued and I think that has taken the 'shine' off my enjoyment. I also blame this time of year as the evenings shorten drastically and the opportunity to do social rides and extra miles in the evening is disappearing.

Sure, it's hard getting out of the house but I don't think I've ever went out, rode for an hour or so and came back saying I've regretted it. Go somewhere new, plan something out of your ordinary, get a few mates and do an overnighter somewhere or go to a spin class :sweat:

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Go on a short ride of about 5-10 miles without getting all kitted up when the weather is ok.
Just grab your bike and go, usually works for me when I am in a dip.

Globalti

Legendary Member
You're bored. Go and cycle somewhere different and while you're at it, find a regular cycling buddy with similar interests and fitness.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think coming into Autumn may have something to do with it. I know that when the bad weather sets in, I am reluctant to go out on my bike. I certainly don't go out so much then. Cycling is like any other hobby, if you do it too much, I think you become a bit blasé with it. Take a rest and see the winter through. Come next spring, you might feel differently.

Will Spin

Über Member
I like to study the Ordnance Survey map (you can do this on line via Bing maps) and look either for places I haven't cycled to before or roads I haven't cycled along. Sometimes I look at other people's rides on Strava for new ideas regarding cycling routes.

Lee_M

Guru
Does anyone have any advice on how i re-ignite my passion for Cycling, Really struggling of late to be bothered to get kitted up and go out...

I brought a brand new BMC 3 weeks ago and its still sitting in the shed a tarmac virgin..... :sad:
do you ride alone or with others?

I get this occasionally, but then go out with my local (non-racing) club and have a whale of a time.
Find someone else to go out with, stop and have a cake and a coffee, go somewhere new. don't criticise yourself if you don't go out.
3 weeks ago i did 100mile, 2 weeks ago I did 2x50 miles, last week I did nothing because I couldn't be bothered, and then got a cold.
Now I'm desperate to go out again, having to do the same old drudge like commuting takes the pleasure out of it

Top Bottom