lorries and cyclists' safety

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I wouldn't right this off too quickly. I for one would like to sit in the cab of an hgv and see for myself just where and where not is visible.
Apparently what you can't see in front of you is the big surprise. Until I read about it I didn't twig that an area about the size and shape of an 'ASL box' is a front blindspot on a big lorry without mirrors to get round it. I now make a point of being able to see the driver, and make eye contact, if I find myself stopped near a big lorry (to be fair, that's pretty much my policy if I'm stopped next to anything...).

subaqua

What’s the point
Cyclists should do a display campaign for lorry drivers. Show them how to maintain their vehicle, get proper insurance and stop fiddling the tacho or driving while drunk or on the phone.

just like all cyclists jump red lights and ride on the pavements eh?

there are bad road users in all user groups. maybe we should just not bother with any education campaigns as whatever is done is always put down as lip service.

I wonder if the same was said when HASAWetcA came in.

No, because that would be prejudice, some surveys put the percentage of cyclists who rlj at a smaller number than drivers who rlj.

Operation Safeway found that 75% of lorries on London's roads were breaking the law. The lorry driver who killed Alan Neve at Holborn was uninsured.

Top Bottom