Lorry driver left cyclist dying in the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I hope he gets the maximum 5 year prison sentence and the court grows a pair and bans him for 10 years from driving

You know this just won't happen. He'll receive a fine and a short ban due to mitigation and hardship, but only if the jury convict him though.

Crankarm

Guru
[QUOTE 3478163, member: 9609"]First of all, you can throw away both keys (the one for his truck and the one for the cell door) as far as I am concerned.

But is it an offence not to help ? and should the trial just concentrate on whether or not he committed a motoring offence, including leaving the scene of an accident. So as vile and abhorrent as I hope most of us find it, is it a criminal offence to see a seriously injured person lying on the road and do bugger all about it ?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not here in the UK, but it is in France and most other major European countries.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Why did he leave the scene of the incident? I'm assuming he wasn't over the alcohol limit and his insurance and license were in order. So wouldn't it have been in his favour to help the victim by calling the emergency services and wait to give his account of the incident? Oh yes i forgot! He stopped to check and didn't see anyone dying under his wagon!:dry:

Beyond belief. That's it, a cyclist can do nothing wrong, can take every precaution going, get crushed to death and...nothing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If the victim Had been wearing dark clothing and didn't have any lights i'd have said he might've had a case but high viz clothing and lights mean that you should be seen! The fellow wasn't paying attention! Also i don't believe for a second that he didn't see the victim under his wagon,he left her to die. Is that not a crime?

Top Bottom