Losing it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TWBNK

I have had several occasions where, on a slight uphill stretch of road cars will pull out from a side road on the left to 'force their way' across a road that isn't particularly busy and wait for a gap coming the other way. Often they wait for any cars to pass and then pull out in front of the cyclist (me) forcing me to stop.

I find that stopping right next to their drivers door with the bike wheel really tight up against the car seems to piss them off because they have to drive around me to carry on with their move. Oh and a mid digit extended next to their window seems to put them off somewhat.

I would probably exchange words but I am usually too out of breath.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye it amazing what a good rant can do for your average speed. At least we get to do a bit of exercise to use up the adrenalin, those poor b*gg*rs stuck in their silly tin boxes can only sit and fume. Sometime I almost feel sorry for then:evil:

Joe

Über Member
I've never lost it. I shake my fist, swear a bit (quietly), and fantasise about what I'm going to do to their precious car...but by the time I've caught them I bottle it. I wish the red mist would last longer as I feel like a right pushover and don't like them thinking they can get away without some sort of payback.
I do always ride a lot more aggresively after an inccident though.

Top Bottom