1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

losing stuff

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by leoc, 11 Jul 2007.

1. leoc

leoc New Member

Gah, lost the clear lenses for my cycling glasses in the bike shed this week, and last night the lasso for my lock must've fallen out of my saddle pack (no doubt because I didn't zip it properly) on the way home from the chipper because I've lost that too :?: Cheer me up please!

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

OK, you won't need the clear lenses till winter, and in London it's safe to leave your bike unlocked, so I'm told. Probably. Hope that helps. Have some cake.

3. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Those clear lenses were so last year darling :?: and it's about time you got a new lock anyway, that old one was starting to look very tatty :?:

4. pzycoman

pzycoman New Member

Iv lost my damn saddlebag! I have no idea where I last saw it either...was only a small one with a tube / levers / allen key set in there, but still :?:

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I've lost my mind...anybody seen it?

6. Slim

Slim Über Member

Tony Bennett reckons he lost his heart in San Francisco. :?:

I'll get my coat.

7. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

I can't find my lights at the moment - it's no big deal, as I have no use for them at the moment. Also, I can't find one of my jerseys or my size 8 allen key. I think I should probably get a kit bag.

8. frog

frog Guest

Are you sure? I'd swear he said 'Fat Sam's Disco'. . .

9. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

I found a brilliant bargain at the carboot late last year....massive strong motorcycle lock, only a fiver, the fool :?: Do me in the shed to lock up the bikes.

Mustnt lose the key i thought, so i rammed it deep in the bottom of my pocket.

Where the buggery did that go :?: ....never did find the key, it took me a couple of months to bring myself to throw the lock.
    I may as well have thrown away the fiver, saved myself the trouble.

10. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

:?:

It has made me think again about the locks I use having seen some of the heavy engineering types used by London cyclists.

11. Brock

Brock Senior Member

I left my Foska London Pride water bottle in a pub somewhere which was annoying. Also I lost my Edinburgh Woollen Mill folding peaked cap in Eastbourne, I gave up looking through the crap in my bar bag and decided it was gone for good, then realised I was standing directly outside an Edinburgh Woollen Mill :?:. Bought another then immediately found the first in the generally unused flap at the front of the bag. So that was £2.45 spent needlessly! Although it was nice to get a clean one. Really handy caps by the way.

12. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I lost a pair of fingerless cycling gloves recently until a friend opened up the seat of her scooter and they they were. She said she liked using them in the summer..............................I didn't comment because she has a lovely smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

Losing/forgetting things isn`t much of a problem ... `till you get to my age ... I often forget what I`m looking for while I`m looking for it :?: :?: .

14. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I've occasionally been at the point where I've thought...now. what was I doing....Oh yes, looking for something...now, what was I looking for...er....

15. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

Welcome to the club :?: .