Losing the helmet

gazmercer

Right, so today I ordered 2 cycling caps from Wiggle (Both of them are team ones Liquigas and HTC, not that that makes any difference). I am going to be ditching the helmet in favour of the caps while commuting to work.

With the warmer weather I have found my head sweats really badly with a helmet on.

It's gonna be a strange feeling not wearing a helmet but hopefully it'll be a bit cooler for me.

Anyone else ditching the helmet in the warmer weather ??

Kablinsky

I tried that a couple of years ago and promptly went into the back of a parked car. The helmet was straight back on for the next ride.

Cubist

Still wavin'
^^That's an interesting point, one which the helmet debaters may have missed..... we now have evidence that not wearing a helmet makes you lose the power to steer around inanimate objects. Someone will be along in a minute to start a flame war, as it appers Gaz has found a novel way of kicking off a helmet thread by the backdoor....:tongue:

NigC

I can't say I've ever had a problem with sweat while wearing the helmet. I have had problems with a sweaty back thanks to the backback, which is pretty horrible if I'm in a hurry :tongue:

Maybe your helmet doesn't provide enough airflow through the holes?

gary r

Guru
i always wear mine now,a few years ago i was cycling back from the pub with my mate who had a bike shop at the time, he clipped the kerb performed a perfect forward roll and headbutted the corner of a wall,The nurse said " wouldnt have been so bad if you were wearing a helmet on" his reply was " ive got a bloody shop full of helmets" I would just feel a fool cracking my head open, with my helmet hanging in the garage at home.

Moodyman

Guru
Always wear mine. I don't find them that sweaty to be honest as their vented.

You're not wearing one of them skateboard type helmets are you Gaz?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
With the warmer weather I have found my head sweats really badly with a helmet on
what about the TdF riders and they are riding much harder than you

BigSteev

I wear a cycling cap most of the time as it absorbs the sweat and stops it dripping into my eyes. No helmet swap involved though as I never* wear them.

*unless on a track or somewhere where they are obligatory.

Kablinsky

Cubist said:
^^That's an interesting point, one which the helmet debaters may have missed..... we now have evidence that not wearing a helmet makes you lose the power to steer around inanimate objects.
It may have been the cap or the hangover. The jury is still out on that one. All I know is that I looked up the road and spotted the parked car in the distance then what seemed like a couple of seconds passed before there was a bumber looming under the peak of the cap :tongue:.

I stopped wearing my helmet entirely due to sweatiness and general discomfort. Then I got a different helmet (Spesh Chamonix, recommended somewhere on here) et vola no more sweaty head.

Top Bottom