Lost and Found

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I use a Staedtler Mars Micro 0.7 pencil at work for notes and stuff. With B lead, because I'm like Goldilocks with pencils - harder is too hard, and softer is too soft.

Anyway, I lost it, and haven't seen it for a few weeks, but this morning I put on a jacket I haven't worn for a while, and there it was, in the inside pocket. I was delighted.

steadtler.jpg
Mrs Knees saw me find it and said "You never look at me like that"

Other recently re-discovered items that I thought were long gone include my Park chain tool and my previous, previous glasses. I'm still waiting for the spare Raspberry Pi B to appear - that's been gone 2 years.

What have you lost and found?

Globalti

Legendary Member
My beloved vintage gold-topped Parker 51 ballpoint, which I've used all my working life, inherited from my Grandpa who was a journalist. I've mislaid it a couple of times but this time it really did seem to have disappeared. In desperation I asked our receptionist at work to do a tannoy announcement asking if anybody had found a gold-topped pen and thirty seconds later my phone rang; a colleague in a part of the offices I seldom visit had found it where I'd left it on her desk and dropped it into a drawer without really thinking. I was soooo happy!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I found £20 and a missing credit card in the audax bike's saddle bag today; I'd put them there after the Blackpool-Glasgow-Blackpool 600 last September and life's been crazy since.

OP
OP
KneesUp

KneesUp

Guru
You should apply for a replacement passport. Your bound to find your old one as soon as you post your application off.
This is true. I only put the jacket with the pencil in it on because I ordered a replacement pencil yesterday.

I found my lost dictation recorder after it had gone awol for a couple of months. I only found it because I noticed that one of my suits hanging in the cupboard had a huge hole in the chest area. It turned out the recorder was in the inside pocket and the batteries had leaked and ate my jacket.

Somewhere in my previous house's ceiling is a Rolex. I had to fix something up there once and took my watch off in case it got scratched. I put it down and could not find it. I searched up there for months before selling the house but to no avail. I found solace by upping my wanting price for the house a bit.

The new owner will one day make a stunning find. No battery in there to rot and explode.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
This is true. I only put the jacket with the pencil in it on because I ordered a replacement pencil yesterday.

See. There you go. Lose something, order a new one and Bob's your uncle. Might be worth trying to use that as a reason to buy a new bike with your spouses. :laugh:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I found my lost dictation recorder after it had gone awol for a couple of months. I only found it because I noticed that one of my suits hanging in the cupboard had a huge hole in the chest area. It turned out the recorder was in the inside pocket and the batteries had leaked and ate my jacket.

Somewhere in my previous house's ceiling is a Rolex. I had to fix something up there once and took my watch off in case it got scratched. I put it down and could not find it. I searched up there for months before selling the house but to no avail. I found solace by upping my wanting price for the house a bit.

The new owner will one day make a stunning find. No battery in there to rot and explode.

A similar story of lost but never refound......

Moved into a newbuild house about 12 months after getting married. Back garden wasn't a garden, it was full of rocks and weeds. So I got to work on it to at least tidy it up.
Not so used to wearing a wedding ring, I found it was digging into my skin whilst I was using a spade so I took the ring off and put it in the pocket of the shorts I was wearing. Of course, come the end of the day, having dug up loads of the garden, the ring was nowhere to be found. It had fallen out of my pocket and was somewhere in the building site of a garden.
I even got as far as borrowing a metal detector. All I found were nails and tin cans. The ring never did reappear and we turfed the whole area a few weeks later. So it's still under there somewhere and maybe the new occupants will eventually find it.

I was in the doghouse, needless to say

A similar story of lost but never refound......

Moved into a newbuild house about 12 months after getting married. Back garden wasn't a garden, it was full of rocks and weeds. So I got to work on it to at least tidy it up.
Not so used to wearing a wedding ring, I found it was digging into my skin whilst I was using a spade so I took the ring off and put it in the pocket of the shorts I was wearing. Of course, come the end of the day, having dug up loads of the garden, the ring was nowhere to be found. It had fallen out of my pocket and was somewhere in the building site of a garden.
I even got as far as borrowing a metal detector. All I found were nails and tin cans. The ring never did reappear and we turfed the whole area a few weeks later. So it's still under there somewhere and maybe the new occupants will eventually find it.

I was in the doghouse, needless to say
It'll get dug up in a few hundred years time and the finder will think it's part of some ancient (21st century) hoard.

Top Bottom