Lost bike lock key (cheap Dunlop lock, with cylinder shape hole)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some of the old bike locks could be opened with the blunt end of a Bic Pen.
I have tried the Bic biro method to no success.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
[QUOTE 4871704, member: 45"]Your bike frame is much easier to saw through than the lock. Saw through the frame, remove the lock, then use Blu Tac to rejoin the frame.[/QUOTE]
Better to just fashion a spring from paperclips (top tip: steal them from work) and claim it is rear suspension.

OP
OP
R

rliu

Veteran
I had neglected to come back to this. What happened in the end was I just used a cheap mallet, pulled the lock taut with the U part of another lock, and hammered it off in about 5 blows.

Also you can get the 'classic' Bic pen shape from poundland fwiw, 8 pack as well

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I had neglected to come back to this. What happened in the end was I just used a cheap mallet, pulled the lock taut with the U part of another lock, and hammered it off in about 5 blows.

Also you can get the 'classic' Bic pen shape from poundland fwiw, 8 pack as well

Not a great advert for cheap locks ^_^
Glad you got sorted though

Yep shows how easy some bikes are to steal, we had a spate of thefts at work, some daft people are still using the cheap cable locks that get always seen to be targeted first. For some, a cheap bike doesn't need an expensive (>£40) lock, for me it's not worth the stress and hassle of a 10 mile walk home in SPD shoes, while being unable to get a taxi or the bus (as I most likely left my wallet at home, Murphy's Law bruv.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom