Lost: one mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I blame Brexit. It has sucked the life and joy out of everything. Even sex has lost the magic in the last couple of years, just can't see the point since the referendum result.....
You may well be onto something here.

About Brexit, if not sex.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Hop on a cheap ferry to France. Slightly nicer weather, much quieter roads and lovely food.

Here, I predominantly ride on busy, pollution-laden urban roads and it can wear one down. A week in the French countryside is refreshing. Butter smooth roads, sleepy villages and you may not see a car for 10 minutes at a time. The only sound you'll hear is the whir of your chain and possibly, a distant cockerel rounding up his ladies.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Hop on a cheap ferry to France. Slightly nicer weather, much quieter roads and lovely food.

Here, I predominantly ride on busy, pollution-laden urban roads and it can wear one down. A week in the French countryside is refreshing. Butter smooth roads, sleepy villages and you may not see a car for 10 minutes at a time. The only sound you'll hear is the whir of your chain and possibly, a distant cockerel rounding up his ladies.
It's a fabulous idea. Which I did two years ago and enjoyed immensely (I popped into Belgium too).

I went to Avignon last year, and also had a fabulous time pootling about

But, this year... Brexit. Planned nowt.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's a fabulous idea. Which I did two years ago and enjoyed immensely (I popped into Belgium too).

I went to Avignon last year, and also had a fabulous time pootling about

But, this year... Brexit. Planned nowt.
Nothing has changed, the french are still a*****s, but the Belgium people are lovely.:okay:

Slick

Guru
Very difficult to combat malaise. I have felt it from time to time (as we all have) and unfortunately I have no pearls of wisdom to beat it but it like everything else, it will pass. Give yourself a break, nothing particularly wrong with indulging yourself now and again then getting back into it will be like pre-season training as you get yourself back upto speed. Take care.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

Nothing has changed, the french are still a*****s, but the Belgium people are lovely.:okay:
The French are ace. I wish I was French, to be honest. I have their mindset.

The Belgians are ace too.

Sadly, because I expected lots of British-made cack getting to and from Dover to Calais/Dunkerque, I cancelled plans to go and visit my great grandad in The Gorre British and Indian Cemetery, as "Patriots" were too busy arguing the toss as to the best way to chuck themselves off a cliff. Heigh, and indeed, ho.

OP
OP
Dec66

Dec66

The French folk I met have been nothing short of fantastic. Always intrigued by wanting to know where you've come from and where riding to. Having said that, the areas visited have been normal non-touristy towns and villages.
I had that, striking up a random conversation with a bloke with no English outside a Carrefour in Fleurbaix.

We managed to get by with me using my schoolboy level French.

Ace, isn't it? Much better than swearing at some fat git in a van at 6am on a Sunday morning on some lane near Chipstead just because you have the temerity to use his road**, pay no road tax**, and have no insurance** or number plates**, thus disrupting his flytipping activity.

** Yeah, I know.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I blame Brexit. It has sucked the life and joy out of everything. Even sex has lost the magic in the last couple of years, just can't see the point since the referendum result.....

You're not alone. There's an article on Beeb about people being less sexually active than previously.

Top Bottom