Lost: one mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Very much similar to my situation currently. Had a really good winter, lost weight after summer break, winter tour away was fantastic. Then Christmas, blew it all, gained weight lost motivation. decided to go back on extended tour for 2 weeks, enjoyed it but struggled with extra weight and saddle comfort issues. Now I just cant get going, ride once a week currently. I too have a new car, lovely Tesla, but not bouncing around with enthusiasm. Hoping the summer improves my situation. Busy life currently

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I also go through spells of not enjoying my cycling as much. Fortunately I love walking and have got back into jogging too which I'm currently enjoying so not too worried. Maybe once this current spell of really cold and dismal weather is over and we get some warmth, I might feel more like it.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Felt the same end of last year and hardly rode from September on and nothing from December. Made a comeback in Jan and did my knee in which put me out until April this year. Nearly 6 months off the bike, so I'm well motivated to get going again now, although returning to fitness is hard work. After that break what's most noticeable is the feeling of well-being from being back on the bike, it's like a drug, I feel better mentally and physically. Sometimes you need a break or I do. Don't beat yourself up if you do.

Sounds exactly like my last 6 months.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
@Dec66 your mojo is probably hiding with mine, if you find them let me know. :hugs:I hope you get it back.

The only cycling I’ve done is utility cycling and ABC towns and villages challenges. I don’t think I’d have gone out in January, February or March if it wasn’t for that.

yello

Loss of mojo happens. Don't worry about it. In fact, don't even think about it as that can make matters worse. Getting on you own back about it will only make it seem like a chore to be avoided. If it comes back, cool. If not, no worries. No one is compelled to ride and there are other things to do.

But it sounds like a little but more than just loss of cycling mojo @Dec66

clid61

Veteran
I'm 56 took redundancy last September. Used to commute nearly 20 miles a day . Haven't put my leg over a cross bar since . A break is as good as a rest , refuelling and drinking beer enjoy . I am , just blowing dust off bike and camping gear as we speak

bladderhead

I have not put my leg over a crossbar for years. The only bikes I own are two recumbents.

Top Bottom