Lost The Mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mk6golf

i had been doing 25km twice a week with some turbo. Since the nights have pulled in, I've lost my mojo and can't get my ass in gear. Is this common? :blush:

I don't want to loose the small gains I was making each week!

Osprey

Guru
Yep, quite common. Happened to me this time last year. I treated myself to some new cycling gear and it seemed to do the trick. Good luck.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Well it's certainly not the best time of year for those motivational, spirit lifting rides, so it's inherently harder to be quite so enthusiastic in these months and I do empathise. You'll naturally spend less time out on the bike if it's dark, cold and wet. Your routine does sounds a little, erm, routine though, so if it bores you, don't do it.

I'm not sure what your goal is, is it building cycling fitness? Weight loss?
Try mixing it up, give yourself a highlight long ride to look forward to on a Saturday or Sunday (dependent on weather). Do a good turbo session once in the mid week, and the rest of the time go walking for a few miles twice a week, have a good 40 min swim, anything but cycling. You'll look forward to cycling again when you make it your reward or highlight of the week.

OP
OP
mk6golf

mk6golf

Purely fitness. I don't want to lose anymore weight or no one will be able to see me!

Was just weird, as soon as the clocks changed, I lost interest!

OP
OP
mk6golf

mk6golf

Both I guess.... Oh look some cake :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Take advantage of the dark nights and do some night riding ... I did for the first time the other week, put a new spin (pun intended) on cycling for me .. brilliant. It's a full moon this week and it won't just be the werewolves out and about :evil:
Yes. Rode to Brighton in the night a few weeks ago.
Wonderful.
And I enjoyed the apparent perversity of being out when "normal" folk thought I should be in bed.
It chucked it down for the last hour or two but that added to the perversity, and well wrapped** as I was I enjoyed it all the more - and drying out in the Marina's spoons :smile:

** Cold and wet are no problem at all - treat yourself to a nice breathable waterproof top if you don't have one and get out there.

Oh and a good front light - Hope Vision 1 for instance.

All you have to fear/respect is ice - any real prospect of ice, stay at home.

But riding in the rain is an underestimated pleasure - and of course when it's raining it is often warmer.

screenman

Legendary Member
Get off your backside and do it, stop making excuses about mojo, you are just being lazy.

I will be bad cop this time.

Top Bottom