Lost - walking boots.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On your head?

Spam folder?

Car roof?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Did she lend them to anyone?

pawl

Legendary Member
A pair of Mrs SD's walking boots have gone missing and it is driving me to distraction.

I have scoured every cupboard and wardrobe in the house, the loft, the garage (where they normally live on the 'hiking' shelf) as well as the gym room.

I have done this twice now and they are still awol.

Any suggestions where the damn things might be? Or, even, have you seen them skulking about somewhere?

Salmon GTX3 Mid WMNS 6.5UK in light-grey with pale blue bits - a tad battered, but much loved, and almost certainly muddy.

For some reason I am in the firing line for their disappearance.

A large steaming mug of hot chocolate (with added choccy sprinkles) awaits whoever can steer me in the right direction for a sucessful boot/owner reunion.

Desperate!

Have you checked Mrs sd feetl:bravo::bravo::bravo:

a.twiddler

Veteran
A bit OT but I lost track of my winter motorcycle gloves last winter. We have a free standing fridge freezer in our dining room which is 2m tall. Mrs T had had a war on "clutter" and my helmet ended up there despite it being a stretch for me. The top of the fridge freezer stopped being used after my helmet rather painfully bounced off my cranium one morning when I reached up to get it down. At that time I was still using summer gloves, which I used to tuck inside my helmet when I put it up there.

When winter came, despite searching in the most likely or unlikely places, including the top of the fridge freezer, my winter gloves were nowhere to be seen. Although I kept meaning to buy another pair, I managed to get through the winter without too much trauma and once the weather warmed up again it went to the back of my mind.

This last week or two really focused my mind on getting some decent gloves and I was contemplating visiting my local motorcycle emporium to try some on. However, last weekend the fridge freezer died and I had to try to get hold of another one pronto. A new one was being delivered on Wednesday so I dragged the old one outside. One glove was stuck on the piping behind the fridge freezer, the other one was on the floor.
I was so ridiculously pleased to be reunited with them. Apart from being a bit dusty, they were in fine condition.

Mrs SD's walking boots are unlikely to be in that sort of location (unless she has really tiny feet) but it just goes to show that things can turn up in the most unexpected places.

a.twiddler

Veteran
For some reason I am in the firing line for their disappearance.

One of the first rules of marriage. "It shall always be Deemed to be the Husband's Fault even if he thinks it isn't." Followed by, "The Husband is always Wrong" even if he has a perfectly rational explanation for events. And if he can't explain things, that's his fault too.

Slick

Guru
One of the first rules of marriage. "It shall always be Deemed to be the Husband's Fault even if he thinks it isn't." Followed by, "The Husband is always Wrong" even if he has a perfectly rational explanation for events. And if he can't explain things, that's his fault too.

For a bit of balance, we lost our car keys once. Obviously it was Mrs Slicks fault as I drive another vehicle most of the time and the car is mostly her responsible. To be fair her, she shouldered the responsibility pretty well whilst we ripped the house apart every couple of months or so in an attempt to find them. I reckon 8 or 9 months had passed when finally there was a blink of sun and I had a weekends golf arranged and got the shock of my life when I went to put on my old shorts and the spare keys were in the pocket. I didn't say anything, but went through to see Mrs Slick and sheepishly withdrew the keys from my pocket. Thankfully she didn't say anything either, we just both burst out laughing. :laugh:

Top Bottom