Lotto win....your very first action.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

I`d blow up me works van, after I`d got me flask out of course!

just jim

Spot on Rhythm Thief! An articulated lorry parked outside the house, all paid for in cash sounds like a winner!

I think I would plant some trees with the money and start buying up some art - not for investment but because it would be nice to have a collection of paintings and sculpture.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Elmer Fudd said:
Well,
I won the lottery last night, I've bought me n SWMBO an 8 pack of tinnies to drink whilst we ponder on what to do with the other £4.

Tinnies???:blush: What IS the matter???:biggrin: Some proper nice beer or wine can be had even for that small amount of winnings :ohmy:

fuzzy29

I’d head down to the Alps and start looking for a nice chateaux, with a moat. I’d also get a big Merc for driving around the continent and buy some very expensive bikes and a set of Callaway golf clubs.

Bigtallfatbloke said:
never trust a high street IFA....I still say you are right not to trust so called 'advisers'.

Sorry to respond so late to your extensive comments: good sense in what you say:smile: Hopefully we're not as screwed as we might have been: I asked for another estimate - and told in writing, plus tel con that MVA will not apply. Despite being down on the deal compared with the least optimistic projections, and could have got more simply by NS&I or BS investments, its possibly not as bad as feared, in that there is a positive return. However, I've prepared a letter to the organisation for whom the advisor (a gal) fronted, re the poor advice. It might be worth it. :blush:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Tinnies???:ohmy: What IS the matter???:eek: Some proper nice beer or wine can be had even for that small amount of winnings :biggrin:
'Twas draught Guinness, I didn't realise 'til I got back home that I had made a major Faux Pas as SWMBO doesn't like Guinness so I suppose I will have to drink them myself. What a bummer eh? :blush::ohmy:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Elmer Fudd said:
'Twas draught Guinness, I didn't realise 'til I got back home that I had made a major Faux Pas as SWMBO doesn't like Guinness so I suppose I will have to drink them myself. What a bummer eh? :blush::biggrin:

Ah well there is always a silver lining. :eek:

But draught in a tin :ohmy:. Oxymoron that isn't it :ohmy:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
twentysix by twentyfive said:
But draught in a tin :blush:. Oxymoron that isn't it :ohmy:
Very true, but it was on special offer as short dated (got til Wed. don't think that will be a problem !!) and as it's my tipple of choice I couldn't resist. Tastes ok too, a bit tinny but I'm sure I'll get past that !

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Very true, but it was on special offer as short dated (got til Wed. don't think that will be a problem !!) and as it's my tipple of choice I couldn't resist. Tastes ok too, a bit tinny but I'm sure I'll get past that !

Your tinny was a bit tinny eh?:blush:

Top Bottom