Lotto win....your very first action.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd go on a long cycling/camping trip around the Greek islands (if it was during the European summer, of course), find remote places to sit and ponder, live simply, and try and make the right decisions with regard to 'what matters'.

And when I give in to temptation, I'd buy a mobile home, a flat in Stockholm, a cottage in the archipelago, and a small house in Brentwood (my home town).

But as one of my best mates (who's a multi-millionaire) says: 'Dave, you won't have any money as long as you've got a hole in your ar$e!' And I think he's right! ;)
Needless to say, I'm starting a needlework class soon! :biggrin:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Lot's of reactions thre guys....lol
I would also live to my means....no point in lavish Hollywood lifestyles with £2,000 teeth whitening bills etc etc.
Investment is deffo a good thing to do nowadays seeing as the almighty £1 gets you very little. I'd seriously consider moving abroad too.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

It's all rather academic now....just checked my numbers......1 number on 1 line and 1 on another. Oh well. Roll on Saturday. ;)

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Would none of you give to charity ? I like to think that I would donate at least a small part to a few charities that I support, but I guess it might seem a little different when you actually have the money in the bank !

Andrew

Melvil

Depends how much I won but I'd give a fair proportion to a local charity as the big international ones pretty much run themselves and waste tons of money on shiny new buildings and administration.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
Fritter it away on drugs, booze and loose women.

I think the phrase you mean is "I'd spend half on drugs booze and loose women, and waste the rest..."

I think I'd be quite happy to own a nice house (not necessarily huge, but nice, a farmhouse or cottage type thing), with the land for some livestock, and a decent veg plot and enough income not to have to work, but to be able to just do my own thing, look after the animals, grow the veg, maybe write a bit... Yeah, it would be good to be able to go off on the couple of extended themed tours I have in mind, and write them up as books afterwards.

Somewhere near the sea would be nice.

And maybe not even in Britain.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Funnily enough I would also like a cottage in the archipelago in Sweden (or the coast of Norway, or the west coast of Canada) with a small boat, but to live in not to visit...

I would work out how much my family needed to live on comfortably and normally for the rest of our lives and invest (ethically) and accordingly. I'd also have an emergency fund similarly invested.

I would give some to my friends.

With the rest I would set up a charitable foundation to give funds to small projects for ecological and social justice and innovative sustainable technology start-ups.

Then I would live quietly for the rest of my life, administering the foundation, tending my garden, bringing up my children and really getting to know the place I lived on foot, bike and canoe.

Sorry if that sounds boring, but the only thing I've ever wanted in life is to be absolutely at home.

pzycoman

Give 20% of it to charity (Mom runs a legit charity helping orphans in iraq), make me feel even better knowing that theyr gunna get food and blankets and stuffs like that!

Pandaboy

10% would be given to my Mum and Dad
10% would be given to my Sister and brother in law
10% would be given to my best friend
50% would be invested to give me an income so I can quit work
20% would go on paying off the mortgage and debts and buying a detached house with a big garden, a dog for company and perhaps a small fishing boat if there is enough left over.

Not that I've thought about it much ;)

Melvil

Do you reckon you'd feel any....well...guilt winning a whole stack of money? I know I would, even if I gave some of it to charidee. How British!

Kovu

Über Member
That woman who won the euro lottery, Didn't it say somewhere she got 5 grand a day on it, just of interst!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Funnily enough I would also like a cottage in the archipelago in Sweden (or the coast of Norway, or the west coast of Canada) with a small boat, but to live in not to visit...

I would work out how much my family needed to live on comfortably and normally for the rest of our lives and invest (ethically) and accordingly. I'd also have an emergency fund similarly invested.

I would give some to my friends.

With the rest I would set up a charitable foundation to give funds to small projects for ecological and social justice and innovative sustainable technology start-ups.

Then I would live quietly for the rest of my life, administering the foundation, tending my garden, bringing up my children and really getting to know the place I lived on foot, bike and canoe.

Sorry if that sounds boring, but the only thing I've ever wanted in life is to be absolutely at home.

Then why not just send half the cash to redcogs and just throw the rest up in the middle of Bigg Market?

Top Bottom