loud cracking from fork/suspension sorted.....cant believe what it was :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Having tried all I could think of.....including removing mud guard I took it to my lbs. He took it for a spin, came back and said......
"Its your saddle.......its come slightly lose".
Apparently the noise was travelling thro the frame.
I asked him "what on earth made you check that"?
He said "I do this all day, every day so had a gut feeling".
No charge!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Was it your knees?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Quite often, if the creak starts when you get out of the saddle eg up a steep hill, and the creak stops when you sit down, it's the saddle. The nut on my Brooks keeps coming undone. I can't get a lock nut on there and I don't want to tighten it too much or the fixing points/rivet holes will start failing.
Brooks Competition.JPG
Brooks Competition.JPG Brooks Competition.JPG

Quite often, if the creak starts when you get out of the saddle eg up a steep hill, and the creak stops when you sit down, it's the saddle. The nut on my Brooks keeps coming undone. I can't get a lock nut on there and I don't want to tighten it too much or the fixing points/rivet holes will start failing.
View attachment 144734 View attachment 144734 View attachment 144734

Suitable strength thread locking compound.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
View attachment 144734 View attachment 144734 View attachment 144734

That saddle looks like it could tell a few stories. my B17 has done some distance but doesn't look anything like as interesting as that.

Top Bottom