loud sound system cars

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Abitrary, 20 Jan 2008.

1. LLB

LLB Guest

I think you are looking too deeply into it Jaded. They aren't doing it to piss us all off, Its all about showing off, look at me/my penis extension. They simply don't think of others. It is a selfish pursuit :biggrin:

2. Sabreur

Sabreur New Member

whilst waiting at the bus stop one evening (I'd been out drinking), a car coes by with the full bass effect playiong something none of us recognised. The car behind it had the windows open and was playing full volume .... The overture to the Marriage of Figaro.

Smiles all round

3. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

4. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Best ban children in cars and passengers then. :smile:

The exhaust dropped of my Triumph Dolomite (the only car that I have ever owned exclusively). It sounded like a tank when going through tunnels, under bridges etc. It was great. :biggrin:
    Sadly the fitted radio only had one dashboard mounted speaker and wouldn't have moved a ping pong ball sitting on the speaker grille, let alone a vase on someone's mantelpiece.

5. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

No, no. I don't think he would have looked like a dick, as he was clearly being ironic, surely. He was in on the joke. To look like a dick, he'd have had to think you were all admiring him...

Sabruer, I once turned up a bit of opera on Classis FM as loud as it would go, just to spite the driver of the chavmobile next to me at the lights in the middle of town (not a residential area, I hasten to add). Turned it down again pretty quickly, for the sake of my own hearing....

6. twowheelsgood

twowheelsgood Senior Member

Given that a capacity crowd at Wembley cheering for a full 90 minutes barely produce enough sound energy to boil a kettle, I think that's a little unlikely.

7. OP
    OP
    Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Rang my insurance company today and you don't need a Strong Motion Seismometer readout for these sort of claims.

They advised that a geophone kit from Maplins would be more than enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice