loud sound system cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sabreur

whilst waiting at the bus stop one evening (I'd been out drinking), a car coes by with the full bass effect playiong something none of us recognised. The car behind it had the windows open and was playing full volume .... The overture to the Marriage of Figaro.

Smiles all round

gbb

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
Bloody boy racer keeps on pulling up outside and blasting out indistinguishable bassy music through subs like those used to stress test airliners. The house shakes to the foundations.

This is quite worrying because it could vibrate off:

-an expensive vase off a mantlepiece
-a bubbling chemistry experiment full of explosive test tubes
-hot milk off the stove and all over the cat

Can you claim for this sort of thing under household insurance? Do you have to provide seismograph readings?[/QUOTE]

I used to work for a siesmographic surveying company...
I could give em a ring....bring round the 5 miles or so of 50 core cable, a multitude of geophones, 4 landrovers equipped with drilling rigs etc, the 'mother truck' that carries all the computer and printout equipment and about 10 guys all intent on blowing anything up from a coal shed to a dead sheep :smile::biggrin:

The fun we had....how about it Arbitrary...go on, dont be a spoilsport.
Insurance claim...i'll show you an insurance claim :tongue:

Cunobelin said:
1. Contravention of section 148 of the Highway Code (148

Safe driving and riding needs concentration.

Avoid distractions when driving or riding such as

* loud music (this may mask other sounds))
Best ban children in cars and passengers then. :smile:

The exhaust dropped of my Triumph Dolomite (the only car that I have ever owned exclusively). It sounded like a tank when going through tunnels, under bridges etc. It was great. :biggrin:
Sadly the fitted radio only had one dashboard mounted speaker and wouldn't have moved a ping pong ball sitting on the speaker grille, let alone a vase on someone's mantelpiece.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Melvil said:
I once saw a Citroen 2CV which had been lowered, had the windows blacked out and a massive sound system installed. Both I and every other bugger in the street wet ourselves laughing...even its driver was smiling and clearly knew he looked a bit of a dick.

No, no. I don't think he would have looked like a dick, as he was clearly being ironic, surely. He was in on the joke. To look like a dick, he'd have had to think you were all admiring him...

Sabruer, I once turned up a bit of opera on Classis FM as loud as it would go, just to spite the driver of the chavmobile next to me at the lights in the middle of town (not a residential area, I hasten to add). Turned it down again pretty quickly, for the sake of my own hearing....

twowheelsgood

Abitrary said:
What about if the vibrations actually caused structural damage to a house, can you claim on their car insurance, and keep your house no claims?

Given that a capacity crowd at Wembley cheering for a full 90 minutes barely produce enough sound energy to boil a kettle, I think that's a little unlikely.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

gbb said:
I used to work for a siesmographic surveying company...
I could give em a ring....bring round the 5 miles or so of 50 core cable, a multitude of geophones, 4 landrovers equipped with drilling rigs etc, the 'mother truck' that carries all the computer and printout equipment and about 10 guys all intent on blowing anything up from a coal shed to a dead sheep :blush::biggrin:

The fun we had....how about it Arbitrary...go on, dont be a spoilsport.
Insurance claim...i'll show you an insurance claim :blush:

Rang my insurance company today and you don't need a Strong Motion Seismometer readout for these sort of claims.

They advised that a geophone kit from Maplins would be more than enough.

Top Bottom