loud sound system cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Abitrary

What about if the vibrations actually caused structural damage to a house, can you claim on their car insurance, and keep your house no claims?

LLB

mjones said:
I fail to see why those in charge of a motor vehicle shouldn't be expected to show a bit of maturity and consideration for others.

I can see you are clearly in touch with the youf of today Mjones :eek:

jonesy

Guru
If young male drivers didn't kill and maim so often while showing off then I might be slightly more charitable towards their 'exuberance'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, didn't we all have loud music.....eh..eh.... I didn't have a fast car, and only reasonable tunes in my car as my cash went on the bikes as a youngster.... but what the hell, so long as they aren't driving like an idiot...that's fine...

My factory standard system in my car would actually embarrass some of the kids systems, but hey.....my system sounds good at low volumes too.... no it's not a BMW - they are RUBBISH

LLB

mjones said:
If young male drivers didn't kill and maim so often while showing off then I might be slightly more charitable towards their 'exuberance'.

Tsk, such a sexist remark ;)

Norv

andygates said:
Or just tolerate youthful exuberance, you sour old gits.

Good man!;)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

If one of those cars blew you an ear drum, or loosened a filling, can you claim it on their insurance?

domtyler

Über Member
There is a point where youthful exuberance becomes nuisance and then anti-social behaviour. Playing music so loud that you are rattling the windows and doors in other peoples property well steps over the line. If you don't agree Andy please PM me your address and I'll arrange for a few of the boys to congregate outside your place one night! ;)

I have a feeling you'd soon change your tune then.

LLB

Abitrary said:
If one of those cars blew you an ear drum, or loosened a filling, can you claim it on their insurance?

It would be virtually impossible to prove, and its likely that the driver would have a nose bleed long before you suffered any sort of damage.

Lower frequencies are heard further way than higher ones. You as a bystander could hear them even if the drivers couldn't due to their proximity to the sound source in the boot

Wikkid man ;)

sheddy

Legendary Member
I think the boombox boys are hoping that their girlfriends will just give in and request that "if you turn that bloody racket off you can feck me on the back seat now !"

Top Bottom