Loughborough to London ride - 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simgsxr

Good ride Adam, scenic, rolling roads, weather not as fierce as forecasts predicted thank goodness but still very hot, continually sipping our drinks throughout, to stay hydrated (unfortunately only containing energy powder Stuart, although when Steve purchased 'slightly sparkling' lime flavour water in Olney, when mixed did give a bit of a kick ;)) Enjoyed meeting you all on this adventure with an excellent choice of venue for the lunchtime time stop & agree with Dave, top notch sausages. Excellent photos from Martin & Dave with impressive 'action' shots. This was the longest ride for me 112 miles, so pleased I lasted. Thanks again Adam for a well organised day out.

Aperitif

Meme bar
Another longest ride! Excellent Simon - here's to the next one...you'll be 'advanced mouseketeering' in no time. One of the indicators that you are ready for this is the sense that you would like to be 'at home' when you are, in fact, nowhere near, you have no idea in which direction home is, and that the seediest chicken lickin' fast food joint comes across as attractive as a table full of cakes at the Ritz.
That's the fun of it - good to meet up with you all! ;)

Cayopro

Well done Simon, its a long way on from the Cambridge ride we did last year !!! Chris and I managed to rack up a 200k ride....... with a fairly decent avereage of 16.4 !! when we got back into stevenage I had to go and do another 4 miles to complete mine though, its then we managed to down some grub and a few beers....happy days.

simgsxr

Excellent Nige, 200k in that heat is a tough task. Your longest ride so far as well :biggrin:

Learnt my lesson on the Cambridge run last year, beer & cycling doesn't mix well with me although it was very tempting when we stopped at The Swan for lunch, the ice cold beer was calling out, drink me, drink me now, or was that just in my head???;)

Glad you managed to devour some food & indulge in a few beers when you arrived home, thoroughly deserved & well done to Chris as I believe it was his longest ride as well :rofl:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hows the sunburn Stuey?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
ianrauk said:
Hows the sunburn Stuey?

No pain whatsoever. Between the lotion I did apply & a bit of luck, more singed than burnt. Should be my usual pasty self in a few days.....

Aperitif

Meme bar
Stu's 'To Do' list:

1) Straighten saddle
2) Clip the plastic rear light 'tail'
3) Attend Rucksacks Anonymous and get cured :ohmy:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I haven't stopped eating all day and i'm still hungry, i'll have to go for a long ride tomorrow

that image shack is pretty good although it does double some of the pics

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Aperitif said:
Stu's 'To Do' list:

1) Straighten saddle
2) Clip the plastic rear light 'tail'
3) Attend Rucksacks Anonymous and get cured :ohmy:

1. Done.
2. What tail?
3. I don't always have it. But for long rides like that, I need that or the SQR bag. Unless I find someone else to carry that D-lock :sad:

Thanks Adam for a very nice route and everybody else for making it a Great day out.Nice to see your pics of the day Dave and Martin.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And did you need the D Lock Stu? Or any lock for that matter? :ohmy:

StuAff said:
1. Done.
2. What tail?
3. I don't always have it. But for long rides like that, I need that or the SQR bag. Unless I find someone else to carry that D-lock :sad:

Top Bottom