Loughborough to London ride - 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
ianrauk said:
Will your Viner be back in action for the ride Stu?

I doubt it. Don't think it's on its way to Italy yet....it missed one truck back to the factory as there was a possibility of getting a repair done over here, that fell through, Viner rep was supposed to be visiting & would have carried the frame back in hand luggage, he had to cancel....Mike at Velocity was going to find out about the next shipment last week. Hopefully, sorted out before the factory goes on holiday for August. If not, Plan B is already sorted :wacko:

Is it worth having a chat with richp Stu - regarding the repair of your frame..?

StuAff

Aperitif said:
Is it worth having a chat with richp Stu - regarding the repair of your frame..?

The problem is I contacted one CF repair guy I'd heard good things about. He said he'd sorted problems like that before, then never got back to me. A friend of a friend from bikeradar might have been able to do something, but reckoned given the time constraints it would be better getting it to the factory ASAP. Every other option I've investigated has slowed things down, unfortunately....Done a quick search, found Rich's thread on his frame repair, wish I'd known about that firm sooner. But, fingers crossed, the Tuscan ladies and gentlemen will get it sorted out for September. And Plan B arrives Monday (reserve frame for L2P...OK, n+1 if I can help it :becool: )

stevevw

Guru
I could be up for this with may be a few others from this neck of the woods.

May I suggest that after the torment of Gravel Hill just after Lilly you divert to Whitwell for tea and cakes at Emily's. :biggrin: The North Herts posse would probably leave the ride there for a quick sprint east and home.

stevevw said:

May I suggest that after the torment of Gravel Hill just after Lilly you divert to Whitwell for tea and cakes at Emily's. :biggrin: The North Herts posse would probably leave the ride there for a quick sprint east and home.

'Up yours steve :biggrin:' Adam's ride to St P. :sad:

Only joking. Met one of your disciples today - intent on crashing into anything. :tongue:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
stevevw said:

May I suggest that after the torment of Gravel Hill just after Lilly you divert to Whitwell for tea and cakes at Emily's. :laugh: The North Herts posse would probably leave the ride there for a quick sprint east and home.

Ah yes - the hidden treasure that is Emily's. As they shut at 4pm, we'd be there too late, so you'll have to make do with refuelling at Tesco's in Flitwick, and South Mimms Services!

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Aperitif said:
Egg & Cress
Cheese & Tomato
Tuna & Sweetcorn
BLT
Cream cheese & Cucumber...

That's my breakfast sorted. What about lunch?

Flying Dodo said:
So far, looks like

Me
User10571
ianrauk
Aperitif
Chris (as part of a Northampton-Loughborough-Northampton audax)
StuAff
Pippa (possibly)
adamski (possibly, as part of a Nottingham-London-Nottingham audax)
iLB (possibly)
stevevw (possibly) + others
+me. Just bought my ticket.

redjedi

Über Member
I'm tempted by this ride.

What's the pace going to be like? FNR type pace I hope (although I could manage a little bit faster :wacko:)

StuAff

redjedi said:
I'm tempted by this ride.

What's the pace going to be like? FNR type pace I hope (although I could manage a little bit faster :evil:)

Adam reckoned in his opening post ten hours or so- start 10.15, he thought about 8pm to St Pancras. 122 miles, so total (not rolling) average speed 12mph or so. A bit quicker than FNR pace, but should be flattish- see here - & with a smaller group we shouldn't have too much- if any- time hanging around to regroup.

Top Bottom