Loughborough to London ride - 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
oh yes

redjedi

Über Member
The train probably doesn't have first class that's why they're the same price.
You just don't have to sit by the toilet holding onto your bike :sad:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I think I'm on the 7.30 train as well (but getting on at Luton), but I'll have to rummage through the massive pile of tickets, cycle reservations and receipts I've got for the next few months worth of train tickets, to double check. 5 bits of paper for 1 journey.....

Anyway, they definitely do have 1st Class, and it's very nice too. You also get a free tea or coffee from the buffet car.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Flying Dodo said:
I think I'm on the 7.30 train as well (but getting on at Luton), but I'll have to rummage through the massive pile of tickets, cycle reservations and receipts I've got for the next few months worth of train tickets, to double check. 5 bits of paper for 1 journey.....

Anyway, they definitely do have 1st Class, and it's very nice too. You also get a free tea or coffee from the buffet car.

The number of tickets/reservation cards they send is ridiculous....!
I'm booked on the 8.25, same as 'teef.

Ah OK - I thought we were on the 07:30 - I'll check that. Like Adam, I have plenty of orangey ticketry.
I do like these escapades from afar, back to the smoke.
Where next. Hadrians Wall?
Nice long day in the saddle. :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
Shall I check for you Martin? :biggrin:

Aperitif said:
Southern Railways :smile:
1st Class :sad:
Space for bike, wrapped in angora blanket :sad:
Shoes polished en route and the fluffy bits picked from one's velcro :thumbsup:
Ahhh! :thumbsup:

Time for the newspapers and a spot of coffee...:thumbsup:
:smile:

08:25

Just trying to decide which train to get now. I might push for the 7.30, more chance of getting my bike on without a reservation.
or the 8.25 means an extra hour in bed :biggrin:
Is there a cafe at Loughborough station?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Aperitif said:
Ah OK - I thought we were on the 07:30 - I'll check that. Like Adam, I have plenty of orangey ticketry.
I do like these escapades from afar, back to the smoke.
Where next. Hadrians Wall?
Nice long day in the saddle. :biggrin:

You posted 8.25 back on p1....

redjedi

Über Member
I'm going to have to put my confirmation on hold for now. I've just realised that depending on how well Ingerland do at the world cup they could be playing in the QTR finals on either the Friday or Saturday.

If they top the group then it's Friday evening, as long as they get through the first knock out stage. I'll have to take it easy in the pub, but I will be able to make it.

Second in the group and they play on Saturday (if they can beat Germany) and then I'm a no go :biggrin:

I'll know for sure the weekend before (or a bit sooner) :angel:

stevevw

Guru
Looks like the North Herts contingent will be five strong now. Just about to order the tickets for the 7:30 train. Is it likely we will not be allowed on the train if some of us can not get a bike space booked?

Stevevw
simgsxr
Cayopro
Chris
Kevin

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Generally, when you get on, there's unlikely to be a guard sitting in the compartment, so it's very unlikely to be a problem. I've not had an issue when we've used up more than the 2 official spaces before. I've also had my bike in the carriageway on many occasions, and not had any complaints from the guard.

Of course, from a personal point of view, 5 bikes already there does make it more difficult for me to get my bike on at Luton!! Just make sure you stack them neatly, in an alternate fashion inside, then there should be enough space. Don't forget the comments I've put back on page 1 re the platform length at Loughborough.

Anyway, as I've got a 1st Class ticket (seeing as they were the same price) plus a bike reservation already, hopefully this will give me some leverage when I get on!

Top Bottom