Loughborough to London ride - 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rabbitthekitten

Flying Dodo said:
Anyway, Rabbit, you'll be fine. On that stretch to Market Harborough, on most of the uphills, there's a good downhill before hand, so you can build your speed up, and so you don't have to struggle too much going back up.

That is good news, I'm not too good with hills, except very short ones. :rofl:

Rabbitthekitten said:
The most I've done was 20 miles, on a crap bike mind. Or 40 miles in the gym. Although I do the 5 miles to work in under 20 mins every day. 60 miles is going to hurt. :smile:

Have you booked your ticket back from London rabbit? :biggrin: Don't worry - we don't leave you...at least, not before stripping all the good stuff off your bike and taking your fud.
:rofl:

Only joking - don't worry about me. Welcome.

clivedb

Guru
Marilyn and I were thinking of joining this ride for what would be roughly the second half - ie from Milton Keynes to London (then get the train back to MK). We would probably meet you at North Crawley - east of Newport Pagnell. Two questions though. How feasible would it be to rendezvous? How fast will you be going?

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It would be good if you're both able to come along for part of this. I'm aiming for a moving average of 14-15 mph, so a bit faster than a FNRttC.

However, as I'm allowing for a pub stop earlier on for lunch, I don't think we'd get to North Crawley until 4.30 - 5 pm-ish, and I'm not expecting to get back to St Pancras until after 9 pm. However, there's still loads of trains back from Euston to MK at that time.

I think you've got my number, so we can liaise regarding a rendezvous.

Rabbitthekitten

Aperitif said:
Have you booked your ticket back from London rabbit? :thumbsup: Don't worry - we don't leave you...at least, not before stripping all the good stuff off your bike and taking your fud.
;)

Only joking - don't worry about me. Welcome.

:-S I'm feeling nervous enough as it is. :-S

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Flying Dodo said:
It would be good if you're both able to come along for part of this. I'm aiming for a moving average of 14-15 mph, so a bit faster than a FNRttC.

However, as I'm allowing for a pub stop earlier on for lunch, I don't think we'd get to North Crawley until 4.30 - 5 pm-ish, and I'm not expecting to get back to St Pancras until after 9 pm. However, there's still loads of trains back from Euston to MK at that time.

I think you've got my number, so we can liaise regarding a rendezvous.

+1. It'd be nice to see you both.
Thought 8pm might have been a bit ambitious, but not a problem- plenty of time to get to Waterloo. Hopefully before the last train at 2345 :becool:

clivedb

Guru
Flying Dodo said:

Ok, thanks, Adam, but I think you might be a bit quick esp as you'll probably be wanting to push on by teatime.

simgsxr

Just checked the weather for next Saturday on Metcheck for Loughborough, 28 degrees and 170mph winds with gusts of 204mph from the south.
What is the deal with long range forecasts on Metcheck? :blush:

Top Bottom