Loughborough to London ride - 3rd July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No Dave - they have guards...no one is going to nick a train are they? :evil:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
One of those tricky questions, Dave. If you're going to sit in the seats right next to the compartment I wouldn't bother, and at that time of the morning, it shouldn't be a problem to sit there.

However if you're sitting in your reserved seat, for your own peace of mind, I'd lock your bike onto the bike of whoever else you're travelling with.

clivedb

Guru
Flying Dodo said:
You might be better off aiming for the 08.25, as there's 6 of us already on the 07.30!

Overall, it looks like the participants will be:-

Me, User10571, Pippa, Martin, Stu, Chris (to Northampton), Rabbit (to Market Harborough), Ian, John, Dave, Steve, simgsxr, Cayopro, Chris, Kevin, Matt, redjedi.

Plus, joining us on the route near Wellingborough will be the lovely Kats. Some of you may not know Kats. She's a quiet, shy retiring young lady who doesn't say much, so make sure you make the effort to get her to chat to you. :ohmy:

And me now, please. I'll join you at North Crawley, just south-east of Newport Pagnell, and try to get to London with you. I'll work with an eta of about 16.30 but we can liaise during the day.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
clivedb said:
And me now, please. I'll join you at North Crawley, just south-east of Newport Pagnell, and try to get to London with you. I'll work with an eta of about 16.30 but we can liaise during the day.

Excellent! That's the likely time we'll be passing through.

Weather-wise, it now looks hot, sunny to start with, and then clouding over a bit, but no rain. For those with longer return journey's, don't forget to have some lights.

ianrauk said:
Jane is definitely joining us tomorrow.

...as part of 'Team Team'. Good.
I never thought I would get excited about Loughborough...
...I'm not. :smile:
But the day, well! I will wear spats in 1st class I think. I have sent Jeeves for some bon bons.:smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Aperitif said:
...as part of 'Team Team'. Good.
I never thought I would get excited about Loughborough...
...I'm not. :smile:
But the day, well! I will wear spats in 1st class I think. I have sent Jeeves for some bon bons.:biggrin:

Oh I say, how splendid! :smile:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Just a little reminder of the comment I made back on the first page about the short platform at Loughborough.

Normally the trains are 5 carriages long, with the bike compartment usually at the rear. Just before the train arrives at Loughborough, there's an announcement that anyone in the rear carriage must make their way to the next carriage forward in order to leave the train, as the doors remain locked in the last carriage.

Therefore, after the train pulls out of Leicester (9 minute journey) you should wheel your bike into the next carriage.

Once or twice I have seen these trains with more than 5 carriages, and so if the bike compartment is still at the back, there could be a long walk forward...............

redjedi

Über Member
Somebody really doesn't want me to do any rides this year ;)

I've been feeling a bit rough for the past few days, and even worse this morning, bad enough that I couldn't ride into work.

I'll see what I feel like in the morning, but if it's anything like today then I won't be making it ;)

I was really looking forward to this ride. I had even been riding my nice bike to work all week trying to break in the new saddle (or my ar5e, which ever gave in first :biggrin:)

Fingers crossed I make a remarkable recovery overnight.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, enjoy your ride. Wish I could be coming but I don't think there's any point pretending I could keep up :cheers:.

Top Bottom