Love....Love, Love, Love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
After my horrorshow last 14 months, I now love and appreciate the simple things in life. I mean the really simple things, the things one takes for granted, until the day comes when one no longer can. In no particular order, and with many things omitted ...
  • Breathing normally. Fighting for breath when merely lying down quietly, isn't much fun.
  • A steady heart rhythm is good. A heart feeling like a drug-crazed creature is freaking out inside your chest is not.
  • Being able to eat, watch TV, listen to music, read, talk on the phone, or stand the strain of having a light on is absolutely fabulous.
  • Forget 10 mile hilly walks - being able to walk 10 yards to go for a pee, and not having to stop for a rest on the way made my day.
  • Getting back on my bike after 8 months off it, was super.
  • Not needing help to open jars has much to commend it!
  • Meeting a wonderful, beautiful woman whose idea of a good time is sharing a box of chocolates and a bottle of red wine with me, then romping about on a rug in front of a roaring open fire, with a DVD of Bridget Jones's diary playing in the background ... isn't really my thing! :laugh:

PaulB

Legendary Member
My bike
My football team
My banjo
Half Man Half Biscuit
Sunshine
Lancashire
Beer
Thomas Pynchon

asterix

Comrade Member
I used to live in Greece and biggest mistake in my life was leaving to come here, sadly can't afford to go back :cry:

..but I thought Greece was broke? My former brother in law (wife's late sister) lives near Napflion, on the sea-shore, in a 1996 camper van. It's all he needs. Every morning, spring, summer and autumn, he walks across a dirt track down the beach and dives into the Mediterranean where he goes after squid with a spear gun. The rest of the day he spends recovering from the exertion and cooking calamari if he's lucky (I don't think there are many squid left..).

asterix

Comrade Member
I love my son, I wish I knew where he was, that he was alive even. I miss him and I would give everything and anything to hug him right now.

That is sad. My other sister-in-law lost her son when in his early 20's and she never got over it. My brother has never been the same either as he has now lost both of them although I am very glad that he has found someone else in his life now. I too hope your son turns up before long.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
..but I thought Greece was broke? My former brother in law (wife's late sister) lives near Napflion, on the sea-shore, in a 1996 camper van. It's all he needs. Every morning, spring, summer and autumn, he walks across a dirt track down the beach and dives into the Mediterranean where he goes after squid with a spear gun. The rest of the day he spends recovering from the exertion and cooking calamari if he's lucky (I don't think there are many squid left..).
I used to go to Napflion, lovely place x

In no particular order:

Holidays
Travelling
Freedom
Nature
Being outdoors
Cycling (which incorporates the above)
Reading
Sitting around a fire in the chill of an evening, maybe grilling a sausage on a stick
Meeting new people and finding you have mutual interests, ideas and beliefs
Cricket
Food & drink
Chocolate
Real ale

Herbie

Veteran
What do you hold dear (apart from the obvious family/friends)?

Me:

I love cycling

I love adventure sports

I love music (rock)

I love food/beer.

Too much hate...lets get some love spreadin' about.......even towards Lancashire....

mealie puddings

Scotland beating England at anything

my dog

summer

The Who

Ian Dury

Having good health

Good sex

Herbie

Veteran
After my horrorshow last 14 months, I now love and appreciate the simple things in life. I mean the really simple things, the things one takes for granted, until the day comes when one no longer can. In no particular order, and with many things omitted ...
  • Breathing normally. Fighting for breath when merely lying down quietly, isn't much fun.
  • A steady heart rhythm is good. A heart feeling like a drug-crazed creature is freaking out inside your chest is not.
  • Being able to eat, watch TV, listen to music, read, talk on the phone, or stand the strain of having a light on is absolutely fabulous.
  • Forget 10 mile hilly walks - being able to walk 10 yards to go for a pee, and not having to stop for a rest on the way made my day.
  • Getting back on my bike after 8 months off it, was super.
  • Not needing help to open jars has much to commend it!
  • Meeting a wonderful, beautiful woman whose idea of a good time is sharing a box of chocolates and a bottle of red wine with me, then romping about on a rug in front of a roaring open fire, with a DVD of Bridget Jones's diary playing in the background ... isn't really my thing! :laugh:

nice one Colin....i'm glad you're tough times are over...life is full of very simple pleasures that most folk just take for granted.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
nice one Colin....i'm glad you're tough times are over...life is full of very simple pleasures that most folk just take for granted.
Thanks!

I hope the toughest times are over, but the doctors haven't worked out what is causing my problems so all they are doing for now is treating the symptoms. One way or another though, I'm going to try to enjoy life more, and not get as stressed as I was before I got ill.

Herbie

Veteran
Thanks!

I hope the toughest times are over, but the doctors haven't worked out what is causing my problems so all they are doing for now is treating the symptoms. One way or another though, I'm going to try to enjoy life more, and not get as stressed as I was before I got ill.

good plan Stan....enjoy everyday :thumbsup:

Top Bottom