Low cost GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They’re unlikely to be £30 cheap and the Wahoo definitely needs a smart phone app

I'd be looking at about £60 and the base Garmins. My 200 has been fab, and I got that for £60. My 705 still going strong from a long time ago, and that's what I use most as it's best for mud and crap.

Thing is, with a no-make GPS, is will the files be compatible with strava etc if that's how you want to log rides.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The good news is that you can get the data to Strava, the bad news is that you need to install the app on your phone. If you don’t have a phone you might be able to just copy the file off when connected to a computer by USB, but it does not explicitly say you can.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could try an ad in wanted, someone might have an entry level Garmin unused in a drawer after an upgrade. Just post needs and budget :okay:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You could try an ad in wanted, someone might have an entry level Garmin unused in a drawer after an upgrade. Just post needs and budget :okay:
i just picked up a 200 for £28 on fleabay , sold mine and missed its simplicity for commuting so got another one that leyzyne for £50 is a bargain

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think that the GPS suggested in the first post has a navigation function, in case that is important - it would be for me! The device is a Kickstarter project - see HERE for info and comments on the product. Apparently, it does support Strava etc.

NOTE You will possibly have to pay customs duty and VAT on top of the price quoted on eBay.

i just picked up a 200 for £28 on fleabay , sold mine and missed its simplicity for commuting so got another one that leyzyne for £50 is a bargain
I'm quite tempted to look for one. @Littgull uses one for navigation on the rides we do together and he seems to have no problem navigating my routes. I still use my old Etrex but that is a bit big and clunky compared to the 200. I'm peeved that I have been unable to get course navigation to work reliably on my Edge 500, despite trying everything suggested online. If I had a 200 I would just use that for navigation and display ride data on the 500 next to it.

Top Bottom